INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking of upgrading  (Read 4262 times)

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
Thinking of upgrading
« on: September 30, 2015, 06:04:09 pm »

Thinking of coming back to JRiver and upgrading from 17, but need to know, is there a way of displaying some kind of an indicator in Gizmo that a video has been watched?

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Thinking of upgrading
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:23:23 am »

Bump....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:30:32 am »

You could make a view in Gizmo of only watched or only unwatched videos.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:32:57 pm »

Thanks, but that's not what I really want.  I know this has been brought up many times before and surprised it hasn't been added yet.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:40:14 pm »

Thanks, but that's not what I really want.

It's not?  Didn't you just say you wanted a way of seeing which videos you had already watched, in Gizmo?  I just set up a TV view that I use, that has a Pane called "Played or Not".  I added it to the Gizmo/JRemote views (so Gizmo can see it), and connected.

What I got was pretty much exactly what I wanted.  I click on my TV view and get a list of TV series.  I click on a series, and I get a list of seasons.  I click a season, and then I see two icons:  Played, Not Played.  If I click on Not Played, I only see episodes I haven't watched yet.  Played, shows me the episodes I've watched already.

My definition of Played or Not Played is based on a field called [Number Plays], which is built in to MC.  It seemed like the right one for me to use.  You could define something else if you wanted to.

Isn't this pretty much exactly what you want?  :)

Setting up a view like this would probably take a novice about 10 - 20 minutes.  An experienced user would only take a couple of minutes from start to finish.

If you'd like to try it, we can try to guide you through the process.

Brian.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 04:04:40 pm »

There is a trick you can do with Gizmo. Create a custom library field called "Gizmo Display Name", make it an expression field, and then you can add whatever info you want in there.
For example:

[Name]Delimit(Watched(2), , / )

This would put the name in there, followed by a checkmark if it was watched already. You can go to down on the expression too and make it different for all sorts of things.
Its a bit of a hidden feature, but it works quite nicely for these things!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 04:50:20 pm »

There is a trick you can do with Gizmo. Create a custom library field called "Gizmo Display Name", make it an expression field, and then you can add whatever info you want in there.
For example:

[Name]Delimit(Watched(2), , / )

This would put the name in there, followed by a checkmark if it was watched already. You can go to down on the expression too and make it different for all sorts of things.
Its a bit of a hidden feature, but it works quite nicely for these things!
Thanks for your reply, how ever I am not following you on this.  Can you please enplane a bit more on how to get this working.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 06:30:08 pm »

You can go to down town on the expression too and make it different for all sorts of things.

Pretty simple:
1. Create an expression field called "Gizmo Display Name" in MC. Options/Library/Manage Library Fields, click "Add New Field", and set it up. See image.
2. Edit the views you use in Gizmo to use the [Gizmo Display Name] field instead of the [Name] field.

Done. All your views that show the media name will now have a tick appended to the name if the have been watched.

References:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#Delimit.28.E2.80.A6.29:_Outputs_a_value_with_head.2Ftail_strings_when_value_is_non-empty
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#Watched.28.E2.80.A6.29:_Outputs_a_formatted_video_bookmark
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 11:05:25 pm »

Pretty simple:
1. Create an expression field called "Gizmo Display Name" in MC. Options/Library/Manage Library Fields, click "Add New Field", and set it up. See image.
2. Edit the views you use in Gizmo to use the [Gizmo Display Name] field instead of the [Name] field.

Done. All your views that show the media name will now have a tick appended to the name if the have been watched.

References:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#Delimit.28.E2.80.A6.29:_Outputs_a_value_with_head.2Ftail_strings_when_value_is_non-empty
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Expression_Language#Watched.28.E2.80.A6.29:_Outputs_a_formatted_video_bookmark
Sorry to keep asking but cant seem to figure out what to change in Gizzmo.  Can't find a [Name] field to change

mpg732

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 12:54:52 am »

so kinda got it working,  So if I changed your line to [Episode]Delimit(Watched(2), , / ), when I go to Gizmmo, Episode I have not watched yet shows up as 2(Delimit(,,).  Episodes I have watched passed 80%ish shows up as 1Delimit(10/2/2015 12:43 AM).  So how do you get rid of "Delimit(10/2/2015 12:43 AM)" and replace it with a mark?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 01:44:40 am »

Sorry I haven't tested it so can't give an answer on that.

I'm not sure that you can apply it to the [Episode] fields either. I guess you might be able to, but the [Name] field has specific functionality attached to it.

I suggest that you get it working using the [Name] field first, and once you have that working, try it again on the [Episode] field if you want to.

See Hendrik's original post on the topic:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93124.msg641875#msg641875
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up