INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Setup on a PC with 150% font size with 1080p desktop resolution  (Read 3028 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hi,

I have a HTPC hooked up to a typical 1920x1080 HDTV. I have set it up to 150% font size so that text is readable from couch distance. I find that TV setup on such a setup is impossible to go through because the dialog boxes are too big (with the OK etc. buttons at the bottom off the window not visible on the screen). Can we please fix this?

Thanks!
Osho

CountryBumkin

Re: TV Setup on a PC with 150% font size with 1080p desktop resolution
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:33:43 am »

Are you using the "Size" = 150% in the Tools>Options>Theater View>Appearance  settings (for Couch viewing)
or are you making size=150% in the View>Size settings (which I think is the wrong place for what you are doing)?

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:01:16 am »

Are you using the "Size" = 150% in the Tools>Options>Theater View>Appearance  settings (for Couch viewing)
or are you making size=150% in the View>Size settings (which I think is the wrong place for what you are doing)?

I am making 150% font size in Windows control panel setting where you can select. This is under Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Adjust screen resolution -> Advanced and select Larger.

Here is the Microsoft article describing this for Windows 7 - similar steps exist for Windows 8/8.1/10...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller?v=t

Thanks,
Osho

ErikN

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:00:24 pm »

Put differently, I think what Osho is saying:
- Has Window's set to use very large fonts
- This inflates the size of dialogs during the one-time TV setup process (i.e. not TV viewing in theater view)
- The inflated size means parts of the dialog are now off-screen and unusable/unreachable

The EPG part of TV setup usually involves mc2xml which is a 3rd party utility. Were you able to get far enough to see if this fit?

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 11:40:16 pm »

Put differently, I think what Osho is saying:
- Has Window's set to use very large fonts
- This inflates the size of dialogs during the one-time TV setup process (i.e. not TV viewing in theater view)
- The inflated size means parts of the dialog are now off-screen and unusable/unreachable

The EPG part of TV setup usually involves mc2xml which is a 3rd party utility. Were you able to get far enough to see if this fit?

mc2xml is fine. MC21 dialog boxes were too big.

Osho

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 01:00:47 am »

Try using these two sizing features in MC for Theatre View and Standard View respectively.

There may still be a few dialogues, particularly once off setup dialogues, that are too big, but most of them have been fixed, as long as you don't go too far with the size settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 02:17:45 am »

Try using these two sizing features in MC for Theatre View and Standard View respectively.

There may still be a few dialogues, particularly once off setup dialogues, that are too big, but most of them have been fixed, as long as you don't go too far with the size settings.

Yes, the dialogue boxes for TC setup are still too big.. I don't really think this is a very unusual setup. People with HTPC on Big TV often have large font sizes. Can this be fixed?

Osho
Pages: [1]   Go Up