INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album does not appear in playlist  (Read 5035 times)

kepstein

• Recent member
Album does not appear in playlist
« on: October 06, 2015, 07:45:14 pm »

I have added a new album to my library, but it does not appear in the appropriate playlist although all the criteria is being meet.

Thanks for any help.
Ken

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album does not appear in playlist
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:49:42 pm »

Post a screen shot or an export of the playlist definition.  Post a screen shot, or a cut and paste of the relevant file tags.  Please.  Then we can see what might be causing the lack of match.

Brian.

kepstein

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:01:09 pm »

Post a screen shot or an export of the playlist definition.  Post a screen shot, or a cut and paste of the relevant file tags.  Please.  Then we can see what might be causing the lack of match.

Brian.

kepstein

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 07:26:15 am »

Did you look at my screenshots?

Brian.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:22:48 am »

Somehow I missed your screenshot posting when you made it two days ago.  Sorry about that.

Luckily I spotted the problem right away.  :)

Your playlist definition is looking for files with ALAC compression:  Apple Lossless.  The file you show in your second screen shot doesn't show it's compression type.  But it would be very difficult for that file to be ALAC, because it's bitrate is only 256.  ALAC should be closer to 800 - 1000 for bitrate.  So that file is probably AAC compression, which MC identifies as "MP4 AAC".

If you want to include AAC files in your list, change the definition to include that compression type also, or just include all M4A files, since those are both M4A types (ALAC and AAC).

Brian.

kepstein

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 06:07:17 pm »

Thank you, that solved the problem.

Ken

Somehow I missed your screenshot posting when you made it two days ago.  Sorry about that.

Luckily I spotted the problem right away.  :)

Your playlist definition is looking for files with ALAC compression:  Apple Lossless.  The file you show in your second screen shot doesn't show it's compression type.  But it would be very difficult for that file to be ALAC, because it's bitrate is only 256.  ALAC should be closer to 800 - 1000 for bitrate.  So that file is probably AAC compression, which MC identifies as "MP4 AAC".

If you want to include AAC files in your list, change the definition to include that compression type also, or just include all M4A files, since those are both M4A types (ALAC and AAC).

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up