INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home Button and JRemote 3.2.1 on 32 bit iOS 9 devices  (Read 3392 times)

xeroian

• Recent member
Home Button and JRemote 3.2.1 on 32 bit iOS 9 devices
« on: October 11, 2015, 12:00:20 pm »

I mentioned elsewhere that pressing the Home button would unpause JRiver music being streamed to my iDevice. I said this was happening on my all devices but in further testing today it only showed up on my 32 bit iPhone and iPad. My 64 bit iPod 6 worked fine.

The problem I described is: Predominately I play the music to the iDevice and then on to a DAC.
On all devices 32 bit devices if I pause a piece of music and then hit the iDevice Home button this unpauses the music. I can go back to the app and press pause again but Home will do the same again. The only get around I have is to press Stop which cancels the track completely.

Only one of my other music apps (Tunesflow) does the same thing on ios9 so I guess this is another example of a required ios9 tweak.

Ian

xeroian

• Recent member
Re: Home Button and JRemote 3.2.1 on 32 bit iOS 9 devices
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:43:46 pm »

Bumped at Glynor's request

Ian

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 06:17:43 pm »

Thanks.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 06:18:54 pm »

but in further testing today it only showed up on my 32 bit iPhone and iPad. My 64 bit iPod 6 worked fine.

I cannot easily test this. I don't (believe) I have access to any 32-bit devices with JRemote installed anymore.  I'll have to double check CPU specs on my Retina-pad Mini, though.

Doh. Nevermind. My iPad 3 is 32-bit.  I'll test there, at least.

So, to be clear:

* Music is playing, streaming to the device.
* Pause music within JRemote
* Hit home button
* Music unpauses

Correct?

xeroian

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 06:35:50 pm »

Correct.

Just to be clear that I mean press the physical Home button of the iPad. I only say this in case JRemote has its own function called Home somewhere.

Thanks for looking.

Ian

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 06:54:00 pm »

Just tried on my iPad 3, and I was NOT able to reproduce.

Played a bar or two of a song. Hit pause. Hit home (closed JRemote). It stayed paused. Waited a bit and then re-opened JRemote, and it was still paused in the same spot and I was able to resume.

Any other tips on reproducing it that might be valuable?  Can you do it consistently?

xeroian

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 05:06:37 pm »

Hi there,

Yes I can, or rather I could, do it consistently. Tonight all that changed(for the better).

Decided if you can't reproduce it then it must be something here so I have been trying all sorts.

Tried it on JRiver 19
Reinstalled 3.2.1
Cold booted iPhone
Added a new JRiver 21 server
Went back to 3.1.0

Still happening every time.

Looked into iPhone settings to see if there was anything related to the Home Button.

Went into Accessibiliity -> Home Button where there are three options; Default, Slower, Slowest.

Unsurprisingly the option was set to Default and I changed absolutely nothing and exited.

Then for the first time I could not reproduce my problem. Then it seemed timing related and then the problem disappeared, for now anyway.

Having done all this on my iPhone I went back to my iPad. Here I used my wife as a witness. Both of us used to be software developers.

First of all I demonstrated the problem on both JRiver and Tunesflow. Time after time I reproduced the problem. Then I went in to Settings->Accessibility->Home Button and changed nothing before exiting.

Guess what! For the first few tries the problem seemed related to timing. Wait a few seconds before pressing Home and the problem didn't happen. Then it stopped happening at all.

What can I say other than please stop trying to reproduce and thanks for listening.

Ian

xeroian

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 05:16:14 pm »

Now the problem is back again.

Posted the above and went back to listen to music. Happening every time. I am mystified but glad I used my wife as a witness. I am not going mad, I am not going mad (keep repeating).

Final Update of the night: Changed the Accessibility option to Slower and the problem has gone again
Pages: [1]   Go Up