INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 Native DSD256 files downsampling to Native DSD128 with DSD DAC  (Read 4152 times)

bleeif

• Recent member

Does MC21 offer any way to down sample Native DSD256 files
MC21 Native DSD256 downsampling to Native DSD128 with DSD128 capalbe DAC Mytek 192DSD

I have attempted to Play 4X DSD256  files DOWN SAMPLED to DSD128 with a Mytek 192DSD DAC  this was tested on the latest MC21 JRiver
Is there any where JRiver supports this to Down sample  JRiver DSP  OUTPUT only displays  DSD256 to DSD256 no DSD256 to DSD128  am I missing something here?
 help?  is this possible with JRiver MC21?

free download sample experiential Japanese DSD256 Recordings
this full set of all resolutions to compare DSD64/DSD128/DSD256/DSD512
https://gumroad.com/d/ac1c03779c89aff61034a126be8d67aa

This Japanese experimental recording DSD samples  rate at 24mhz and recording at 12mhz  direct DSD recorded flat and wide range measurement Mic's not usually used for recording music
http://wechdomi.org/english/index.html

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 Native DSD256 files downsampling to Native DSD128 with DSD DAC
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »

Does MC21 offer any way to down sample Native DSD256 files

I pretty sure that down sampling DSD in MC goes through an intermediate PCM step.  So, you *could* do this if you wanted to, but it will go through PCM to get there.  The only way I know to do this, is to set MC to output 2x DSD (DSD1280) all the time for all files.

DSP Studio > Output Format > Output Encoding > 2x DSD in DoP format

That will resample/convert everything to 2x DSD, including all types of PCM, etc.

The other way to do it, is to tell MC to just output PCM for all types of DSD files.  It does this by default.  You can control what PCM input sample rates are converted to PCM output sample rates in the Sample Rate section of the DSP studio. 

Depending on the exact implementation of DSD and PCM in your DAC, you may find that DSD converted to PCM sounds better than pure DSD.  Or not.  <shrug>

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up