INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center already running  (Read 2342 times)

markatit

• Recent member
Media Center already running
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:58:29 pm »

I am frequently getting the standard error panel warning that MC may be running in two places.  i am running it on a remote hard drive but not on the main PC's hard drive.  Can anyone help resolve this?  I cannot get to the root cause.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Media Center already running
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 09:48:31 am »

I've had this happen before.  It can be frustrating.  Go into Windows task manager ((CTRL-ALT-DEL) then select Start Task Manager).  Go through both the applications and processes tabs and close any that reference Media Center, then restart the computer and see if that doesn't fix it.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center already running
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 07:52:53 am »

If you close MC and then open it again quickly, that message will often come up, because when you close MC it starts a "cleanup" process. So if you try to open it during the cleanup process it gives the message that its already open.

Regarding running MC on an external HD, I not an expert on MC but I've read many times that this is a bad idea. MC should be installed to, and run from, the main HD - but it is okay/normal to store all the media files on an external drive. Just not the program itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up