INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting files when done importing  (Read 1372 times)

franswilco

• World Citizen
Deleting files when done importing
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:03:48 am »

Hello everybody,

I have iTunes installed and set-up on drive C. I buy songs in the iTunes store and then import them into JRiver, drive J.

JRiver imports the songs into my JRiver library by copying them from drive c to drive j, without deleting the original files on drive C afterwards. I use the Rename, Move & Copy files function to perform this action. However, there's no option to remove the original files from drive C.

So, whenever I import some additional songs like this a second time around, JRiver re-imports the songs from the first go. Is there a smarter way to do this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleting files when done importing
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 08:50:47 am »

I have iTunes installed and set-up on drive C. I buy songs in the iTunes store and then import them into JRiver, drive J.

JRiver imports the songs into my JRiver library by copying them from drive c to drive j, without deleting the original files on drive C afterwards. I use the Rename, Move & Copy files function to perform this action. However, there's no option to remove the original files from drive C.

I highlighted your word above:  Copy.  You're using the Copy function of RM&C then?  Instead, you should use the Rename feature and specify the new location the same way you're doing it now.  Rename will move files if the directory and/or drive letter changes.  So it should do exactly what you want.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up