INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How load a portable drive into MC  (Read 1502 times)

michiganmike711

• Recent member
  • Now retired, I hate Mondays less:)
How load a portable drive into MC
« on: October 19, 2015, 03:06:34 pm »

My cousin sent me a Seagate portable drive with his library on it and, being an excited newbie, I did a copy and paste from the drive to the Playlist section, breaking up the Seagate's list into five separate alpha playlists. I wanted the drive's data to be transferred to my SSD in the PC and play back from there via JR.  However, I get an error message that "Something went wrong with Playback. The selections cannot be found and check that the file name is the same as the disk."  When the Seagate drive is plugged into the PC, I can select anything from the JR playlists or albums and the selection will play. Now that I have read some more, I probably should have imported the data from the drive, though I am not sure that is right, either. Do I need to get the drive's data onto the SSD first? If so, how?

I did this during my trial period just before I joined JR as a member, which was last night; hurray!  Prior to joining, I uninstalled JR Media Center (the libraries are saved in Documents). Now that I am a member, JR reloaded MC21 just as it was prior to uninstalling it, which I did not expect. I thought it would come in blank.  However, I still cannot play the drive's data without the drive plugged in. Furthermore, all the thumbnail album covers in the list are being replaced by red-circled minus signs, though the album cover appears if I bring the pointer to the selection. 

Note that I can play all the discs I ripped during the trial period, as before.  I specifically upgraded my PC with a much better power supply and a SSD to improve its competency as a server.   
I am reluctant to uninstall and restore, or whatever, without advice.
Many thanks, mike

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How load a portable drive into MC
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »

You might want to use the option "Library Tools", then select Rename, Move and Copy files.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up