INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: beginner help needed on views!  (Read 2097 times)

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck
beginner help needed on views!
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:35:32 pm »

Hi all.

I'm trying to create my first views and something isn't right.  Don't know if it's me or MC21!  I just want a simple view that shows only classical genre and displays certain fields/columns.  I created a new view under Audio.  I choose Customize Views -> Included Files -> Set Rules for file display and then create a rule for Genre Is Any (Classical, Choral, etc).  Looks fine.   But, when I click to close the Customize window, the display goes back to what it originally was with all genres. 

What am I missing?  I've search this site a lot but there really isn't any intro manual I could find and much of the wiki and forum apply to old versions of MC so I'm never sure if I can trust the info.

Thanks,

David

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: beginner help needed on views!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:31:31 pm »

You're doing it exactly correctly as far as I can tell.  But you might not be pressing "OK" on the Rules window and the Customize View window.  If you're just closing them with the red circle at the upper left, that's like pressing cancel, which does NOT save changes.  Try again and make sure you press OK on both windows.

I think you're on your way to creating cool views.  :)

Brian.

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 11:16:44 pm »

Hi.  Thanks for replying.  In the Edit Search pop-up window, I put in the rule and click on OK and see the rule take effect.  However, this brings me back to the Customize View window and there is no OK button - just the red Close circle.

What's missing?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 11:27:15 pm »

That's very strange.  The fonts on your window are really huge.  They seem to not be displaying everything.  I've never seen that button that says "commands" before.  There should be two buttons at the lower right hand corner:  OK and Cancel.

Have you changed the font size in MC's options panel?

Edit:  I just got my copy to do the same thing.  I set View > Size to 60% and it did almost exactly what your screenshot shows.  Check your setting there.  I would make it 100% as a test; I would expect that to work correctly.  I'm guessing that maybe you are using a very large high resolution monitor?  An imac 5k perhaps?  Just speculating on why you have size set to a lower value.

Brian.

unfrostedpoptart

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 11:38:33 pm »

Good catch!  Thanks - that fixed it.  Looks like a bug in the display code in the program.  How do I report this bug?

David

That's very strange.  The fonts on your window are really huge.  They seem to not be displaying everything.  I've never seen that button that says "commands" before.  There should be two buttons at the lower right hand corner:  OK and Cancel.

Have you changed the font size in MC's options panel?

Edit:  I just got my copy to do the same thing.  I set View > Size to 60% and it did almost exactly what your screenshot shows.  Check your setting there.  I would make it 100% as a test; I would expect that to work correctly.  I'm guessing that maybe you are using a very large high resolution monitor?  An imac 5k perhaps?  Just speculating on why you have size set to a lower value.

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 08:30:19 am »

This forum is the place to get help, discuss features, and report weird program behavior.  I would start a new thread about it with a descriptive title.  Include your screen shot and a good description of how to make this behavior appear.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up