INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird behavior in properties  (Read 1268 times)

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
Weird behavior in properties
« on: September 07, 2003, 06:06:43 am »

I have about 20,000 songs in my MC 9.0 mostly ape, about 20% MP3. I have experienced a strange behavior of the properties and viewing schemes: If I look under ARTIST I expect to see all albums of this artist but I don't. I have checked over and over again the right spelling, but that's not the reason.

This is really weird as I fear that there may be a bigger bug with MC. It happens with quite a few artists but there is no repeating scheme recognisable like it works with MP3s but not with APEs.

Can anybody help?  :'(

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
Re: Weird behavior in properties
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 06:38:26 am »

Problem solved! :D The other albums were hidden under multiple artist! Strange concept though... (or I have missed something) ?

jleerigby

Re: Weird behavior in properties
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 01:03:40 pm »

I presume you are using Album artist auto rather than artist.  If you have an album from a single artist but say one song has a guest artist the Album artist auto value will be 'Multiple artists'.  In this case it would make sense to select all tracks in the album and manually override the album artist tag.  Album artist auto will then use this name instead of using 'Multiple artists'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up