INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo not working on Android Tablets  (Read 2963 times)

tony ferrier

• Recent member
Gizmo not working on Android Tablets
« on: October 22, 2015, 02:17:38 pm »

I have two Android Devices, a Windows Mobile and two PCs connected to my JRiver media server, everything is working apart from the Gizmo app on both the tablets, they both connect and you can view music, photos and movies, but when you try to play music or the movies it errors, can you confirm Gizmo should work? don't believe its my network etc as the PCs and Windows mobiles are working.

If Gizmo does work with latest version can you let me know how to troubleshoot please.

Thanks
Tony

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo not working on Android Tablets
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 03:57:12 pm »

Gizmo works on tablets.  It might be firewall related.

tony ferrier

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 04:51:48 am »

Does Gizmo work on different ports than Windows Mobile and PCs connecting to the server.

If it works from a PC and Windows Phone connecting over the WiFi back to the server I would of thought Gizmo would work. It does connect and open, just errors when trying to watch a movie or play music.

I'm not that familiar with Android to troubleshoot.

Tony

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 05:01:14 am »

It is probably not a problem with the Android side.  It's probably a firewall problem on the server side.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 06:02:53 am »

Or your router settings..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

pfm555

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 07:13:32 am »

As Andrew stated in your router settings add a port forward should fix your issue. Had a similar issue with a new router. Create a port forward from the ip address that has your JRiver server to port 52199 

tony ferrier

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 03:01:30 pm »

Just for info I'm only accessing the server over local WiFi not externally over internet.

Does Gizmo use a different port to access the server compared to windows mobiles and windows clients? I ask as if all clients access server over same port why does windows clients and mobiles work?

Thanks
Tony

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »

I believe Gizmo uses the same port as the other clients:  port 52199.

A lot of wireless access points/routers use a DIFFERENT IP address range for wireless clients than wired clients.  In the case of routers, they usually firewall between the two IP address ranges, so the wireless clients can't talk to your wired clients.  Most people never notice because they don't usually talk from their wireless devices to their wired computers.

Go check the IP address on your JRiver MC server.  Then check the IP address on one or both of your Android tablets.  If you find that they are in different ranges, that would explain what you are seeing.

Good luck.

Brian.

tony ferrier

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 03:47:53 pm »

Thanks, all clients are on the same network, ok rebooted router and both android devices and started from scratch. I have a nexus 7 and a Hudl 2, both tablets connect and i cam view all media that's on the server. Hudl 2 works and is now playing movies and music. Nexus will play music but wont play any movies.
I do get messages now and again saying error communicating with server but seems to carry on and continue working.

Hudl 2 is newer than Nexus, nexus possibly hardware issue as its older ? Thoughts?

Thanks again for support.
Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up