INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MultiRoom Audio With JRiver problem  (Read 2357 times)

sam9s

MultiRoom Audio With JRiver problem
« on: October 23, 2015, 06:24:01 am »

HI I am facing a small problem that I dont seem to be able to sort out, so need some help from the gurus here ..

1. I have a multiroom Audio setup. The main bedroom has a windows 7 based server running JRiver connected to FiiO E10 usb dac. This JRiver is just acting as a UPnP server.

2. I have a Raspberry pi running RuneAudio in second room with speakers connected to Rpi's AUX Out (headphone out)

3. I have my study room with my Acer Laptop also running JRiver as a control point connected to study room speakers via normal laptop 3.5mm AUX out

4. All media is located on my Synology DS413j NAS.

NOW as I said I am using my laptop JRiver as UPnP control point and I see all UPnP player under "playing now". My bedroom JRiver, my rasp pi running runeaudion in second room and my acer laptop running again jriver in my study room

I can stream music to each zone independently very nicely, and the overview tab also gives me nice representation as to which zone is active.

The problem is even though I can control the volume of my study room running jriver on laptop and second room running rune audio independently from my laptop (running jriver) I CANNOT change the volume of my PC running in my bedroom also running jriver. This PC is connected to E10 USB DAC. All other media hardware is connected to spk via AUX 3.5mm out. Could this be the reason that FiiO is not letting jriver change the volume.

I hope I was able to explain the problem, the setup only sounds confusing but actually it is not. Basically I can control the volume of jriver on laptop(study room), and runeaudio on rpi(second room) but cannot change the volume of jriver on PC(Bedroom).

Anyone has any idea why is this happening and how to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance ..
Regards
Sammy

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MultiRoom Audio With JRiver problem
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:57:08 am »

See pic
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up