INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Managing Playlists by albums  (Read 1850 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Managing Playlists by albums
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:24:02 am »

I am putting togerther a very large playlist which contains the files to be synced to my iPod. Creating the list is not hard. The difficulty comes when I want to manage the playlist and i.e. remove several albums. As there is not album (or artist) view within playlists, I have to scroll down the detailed list of files and select all the files of a specific album and remove them from the playlist.
I have found an old thread that describes how to create a view in Audio which shows the content of a playlist in artist / album form http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43642.0 However from that view I cannot remove albums from the playlist.
What I would ideally like is a categories view of all the artist / albums in a playlist and the ability to remove whole albums from the playlist.
My playlist is huge (it's a 160gb iPod classic), so using the detail list view is not really an option.
Any way this can be done?
Thanks a lot

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Managing Playlists by albums
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:58:47 am »

I just played around with this and I think I've got a solution for you.  I learned something in the process too, which is nice.  I didn't know you could add a Playlist Group as a Pane in a view.  That's pretty cool.

I'm going to assume you have a view set up that has a playlist group as one of the Panes, *and* that your playlist you are interested in is shown in that pane.  If you don't have that, hopefully you can create it quickly.

Now, with your Pane with Playlists in it, go click on your playlist.  You should now see all of your files in the details list below.  The other Panes should show only what is in the playlist:  Albums, Artists, etc.  Go find an album or artist you want to remove.  Scroll through the Albums pane or the Artists pane, or whatever.  With those files showing below, click on the files in the album, highlighting them all. 

Now look at the Playlists pane again.  Notice that there is now a grayed out check mark next to the playlist?  Click it.  You'll get a box asking if you want to enable Panes Tagging.  Say yes.  Now the check mark should have disappeared, leaving an empty box.  Those files are no longer in that playlist!  You can click the box again to re-check it, and those files will be in the playlist again.

Using Panes tagging like this, you can add or subtract albums from your playlist very easily.  Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Brian.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Managing Playlists by albums
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 04:44:15 pm »

Brian, awesome as usual. Thanks a lot.
This worked like a breeze. That iPod will be filled in no time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up