INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can client automagically play what server is playing?  (Read 1406 times)

zombie-wmd

• Recent member
  • Form is Emptiness - Emptiness is Form
Can client automagically play what server is playing?
« on: October 27, 2015, 04:45:23 am »

greetings -

my work requires me to switch back and forth between Windows and OS X machines.  each machine outputs to a different hdmi input on my receiver and then to a common hdmi input on my monitor.  i have an MC master license.

is there a MC way to have the client automagically play whatever the server is playing, so that when i switch machines the current selection plays on new machine and when i switch back selection is still playing?  Etc, etc.

i think i can do this with a kludgy cabling scheme using usb to rca cables, or to an addon dac, splitting that output signal to the analog inputs associated with the hdmi inputs, on my receiver, for each specific machine, and then turning off hdmi sound.  

i realize this is an obscure and idiosyncratic need, but i hate the cable kludge and am hoping MC can effect this thru its client/server interface.

thanks for your time.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can client automagically play what server is playing?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 07:56:25 am »

Some of my friends use both Mac and Windows at the same time.  Some of them use virtual machines to run Windows programs inside a VM on a Mac.  I do this myself for occasional windows program use.  If your windows needs aren't "heavy" (as in graphics intensive or memory intensive) a VM of Windows running under OSX might be a great solution for you.  Or not.  Just an idea.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up