INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separate songs play when linking zones  (Read 1312 times)

dderbidge

Separate songs play when linking zones
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:33:44 am »

When linking zones, it appears that linking two different sound cards works fine.  I have problems when I link a DLNA device to another device.  It should be playing the same song on each, but for some reason I hear two different songs on each.  I have used different apps to render the DLNA music on the android devices I'm using, and it happens no matter what DLNA rendering app I use.  I currently use either BubblePNP (free) or AirReceiver (a paid app).  I've tried playing them on my phone and two Amazon FireTV Sticks.  Also, I've tried linking a zone that uses Bluetooth with a DLNA device. I'm reporting this since I think it's a bug.

dderbidge

Re: Separate songs play when linking zones
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 09:59:14 am »

I originally thought this only happened when linking local zones to remote/DLNA zones.  However, it happened today linking 2 local zones.  There was a different song playing on each device.  I tried to start the song over from where it message up and it gave an error about not being the right format.  I believe it has to do with the device not being able to play a song because the device only takes 44,100 Hz.  When I've played some songs on just one zone, I received this error and have to open the DPS settings (DSP Studio), Adjust the output format for every input to output at 44,100 Hz.  So, I set that up for both zones that were linked and tried playing them again and both played the same song, and there weren't any errors.  The problem I'm running into now is that I can't set the output format in DSP Studio for a DLNA zone, it's only for local zones.  However, it seems like the output format of all my music should be set to that for linking local and DLNA zones to work properly.  The goal is to use JRiver Media Center to play whole house music using my local speaker and several DLNA devices throughout the house.  Anyone have any ideas for doing this properly?  Right now, I've resorted to buying and using AirFoil to make it work correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up