INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pops and Clicks just started with latest version of MC21  (Read 1364 times)

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
Pops and Clicks just started with latest version of MC21
« on: November 05, 2015, 10:38:58 am »

Since upgrading to the latest version of MC21 (21.0.17) I am getting a lot of pops and click when playing back audio files. I read the wiki and tried all of the suggestions there ( If you're using a sound card, make sure your BIOS has any on-board sound disabled -checked)
Adding other programs that play sound may cause a problem. Try uninstalling these other programs. -checked
Another possibility for anyone who has a problem is the well known (but not so commonly seen these days) problem with via chipsets and latency settings in the BIOS. Try a web search for these.
Disable any third party plug-ins, visualizations, spam blockers, pop-up blockers, virus checkers, etc. that you use while running Media Center. -Checked
Check your Windows volume controls and make sure your Mic is muted. -Checked
The pop or click may actually be in the song itself. (Checked)
Enable silence suppression ("Do not play silence ..." option) for gapless MP3 playback. (checked)
Increase the buffering in: Options > Playback > Output Mode Settings. (checked)
Turn off sample-rate conversion or other CPU-hungry DSPs. Checked )

Non of these issues happened before until the latest version of MC 21 (21.0.17)

Other than trying the troubleshooting steps in the wiki, nothing in my settings have changed, so I am perplexed as to what could be causing this.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you everyone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Pops and Clicks just started with latest version of MC21
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 11:12:48 am »

In the audio settings, try increasing the size of the buffer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up