INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio-only stream cutting out via Apple TV  (Read 1950 times)

geordienz

• Recent member
Audio-only stream cutting out via Apple TV
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:21:28 pm »

I have FLAC files stored on my Macbook.  It is connected wirelessly to my router, as is my Apple TV.  Apple TV then connected via TOSLink to my amp.
Most of the time it plays okay, but now and again the stream cuts out, sometimes for a fraction of a second, sometimes for a few seconds.
I have tried 2.4 and 5Ghz connections and also putting my files on an SSD (clutching at straws, I know). With 5Ghz it seems to happen less often, but it still happens.
Desperate for a solution to this.

TIA

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio-only stream cutting out via Apple TV
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 05:27:02 pm »

Wireless can be questionable.  It's not always the speed of the interface.  It's all about Radio Frequency propagation.  If you can try a wired connection that would prove or disprove whether the wireless connection is a factor.

Alternatively, you might try changing the channel on the wireless connection.  I've had numerous times where going from the default channel to an alternate, improved performance markedly.

BTW, I didn't know Apple TV could talk to MC at all.  I guess you're probably using it in a "pull" configuration.  Navigating from the Apple TV's interface to MC as a Server.  As opposed to "push" where you control MC and tell it to send to ATV.  That second "push" type connection isn't natively supported as far as I know.

Brian.

geordienz

• Recent member
Re: Audio-only stream cutting out via Apple TV
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 05:51:11 pm »

Thanks Brian.
Not sure of all the "push/pull" stuff but I tell MC to connect via Airpplay.

I used to run a Netgear media player wirelessly from my (less powerful) Windows PC and never had a single problem streaming these same files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up