INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art - possible to show via Apple TV?  (Read 4561 times)

geordienz

• Recent member
Cover Art - possible to show via Apple TV?
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:32:29 pm »

Is there a plug-in or whatever available that would allow cover art (and track info) to be displayed on TV while streaming tracks from my Macbook to Apple TV?
Second top of my wishlist atm.

geordienz

• Recent member
Re: Cover Art - possible to show via Apple TV?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 07:03:35 pm »

Is there a plug-in or whatever available that would allow cover art (and track info) to be displayed on TV while streaming tracks from my Macbook to Apple TV?
Second top of my wishlist atm.

Given that JRemote does an excellent job with cover art - and I love the fact I'm able to control my listening from a portable device - I find it strange that no-one (to my knowledge) has come up with a method of viewing cover art on TV.  Thoughts?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 09:33:51 am »

I wasn't aware that there was any native MC support for AppleTV at all.  I didn't think MC would send audio to AirPlay devices.

MC can do "display view" to any monitor that is attached to the Mac itself.  But I don't that that's what you want.  Plus Display View is rather limited:  It only shows a giant album cover; no playing information at all.

I too would like to have a way to show the Album Cover (Album Art) along with configurable metadata like Album name, Artist, Song name, etc.  Being able to display this remotely is probably a more difficult problem.  But simply sending this to a monitor would be a great step in the right direction.

I've read that MC22 for Mac is supposed to support a version of Theater View, which might have exactly this feature and probably more!  I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Brian.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 11:51:51 pm »

In "El Capitan" you can select an AirPlay device like AppleTV for sound output.

Then in MediaCenter you can choose "AirPlay" as audio device and play to your AppleTV.

Pages: [1]   Go Up