INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor not finding files...  (Read 2245 times)

H-Award.32

Play Doctor not finding files...
« on: November 07, 2015, 02:21:47 pm »

Hello,
I've being using JRiver 19 (last built) with Play Doctor on Windows 8.1, recently updated to Windows 10. Altough the several known issues with Play Doctor, I've been able to use it quite satisfyingly until today. Now I noted that when I write in Play Doctor pane the name of a song to search, it cannot find it any more. When I start writing the first letters of a song or an artist, only a few results (mostly only partially corresponding) are displayed in the search list: this let me believe that the most of my library has been deleted in Play Doctor search database.
My library is still intact and I am able to play all files and albums without Play Doctor. If I manually select a track from the library and try to send it to Play Doctor ("Play with Play Doctor"), it only creates a list of songs not including the one I selected (which usually should be the first in the list): the created list often contains just a few repeated tracks (in one of my attempts even only two!!) not much affine to the selected one.
I already tried to reinstall Media Player 19, which, apart from Play Doctor, continues to function normally.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem and how to fix it?
Thank you.

PS: I also tried to delete the library and import it again from previous backup: at the first attempt I saw the name of the files previously misknown by Play Doctor to appear in the "auto-complete" list while writing... But after starting the playlist those same files were missing in the created list and, once again, they were no more available when searching in Play Doctor.
I verified that the problem interests the whole library: in fact, if I try to use as seed one of the tracks included in a list randomly created by Play Doctor, that same file cannot be found when searching in PD pane and is not added in the new play list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up