INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming in Movie view to get rid of "The" in the movie name/sort  (Read 1668 times)

Bullitt5094

• Recent member

I've look for how to do this. Honestly I have. Should be simple but I cannot figure out how to change the movie name in theater view if it is originally tagged with "The". I want The Hobbit under Hobbit. Not "The". If I rip the files with MKV and change the name prior to the rip to "Hobbit, The" it works. But if I forget, I don't want to have to re-rip the movie just to change the name. If I change the file names in the Windows director, it doesn't fix it either. Some 101 guidance would be appreciated!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Renaming in Movie view to get rid of "The" in the movie name/sort
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:16:40 am »

Not totally sure about Theater View, but this setting *should* apply to all views in MC.  It's the "ignore articles" setting.  With it turned on, MC ignores words like a, the, and similar articles when doing sorting.  So The Hobbit shows up with the Hs and not the Ts.

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Ignore Articles > (checked)

I hope that helps.

Brian.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 10:34:22 am »

My way around this was to create a new field "Name Sort" which is auto populated using the "Name Field" with expression to rename it with the "The", "A" etc... removed. Then use that field in my Rename & Move expressions.

Here is the Expression I used to populate the field automatically  (From someone else on the forum):

if(regex([Name], /#^(The|A|El) +(.*)$#/, 0, 1), [R2]/, [R1], [Name])

Hope that helps.

Carl.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:59:29 pm »

Not totally sure about Theater View, but this setting *should* apply to all views in MC.  It's the "ignore articles" setting.  With it turned on, MC ignores words like a, the, and similar articles when doing sorting.  So The Hobbit shows up with the Hs and not the Ts.

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Ignore Articles > (checked)

This is how you do it. That option does apply to Theater Views as well.

Ignore this as it is not needed for this simple task:
My way around this was to create a new field "Name Sort" which is auto populated using the "Name Field" with expression to rename it with the "The", "A" etc... removed. Then use that field in my Rename & Move expressions.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up