INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client sync with Server  (Read 1756 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Client sync with Server
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:46:33 am »

I use a Server for recording TV, and have 2 clients.  Sometimes, the clients just don't get updated, or if they do, it takes a long time. For example, I import a file (or a recording starts), and it doesn't show on the client unless I exit and restart MC21...

Is there a MCC command or something else that will force a sync with the server?  If so, I could add the command to my remote.

blgentry

Re: Client sync with Server
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 09:25:37 pm »

I know very very little about this.  But you might want to read the wiki entry on it:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync

Seems like the automatic update option would be the way to go.  But I seem to remember reading that manual sync is necessary in some circumstances.  I can't remember when or why.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 09:56:32 pm »

Have you rebooted your server lately?

There have been a couple of reports that would imply that Auto-Import is getting stuck occasionally for at least a couple of people. I have seen it once recently, but couldn't reproduce the problem. It happened to me after I was viewing lots of different stuff from a Client, then added new stuff to the server. Auto-Import didn't start as quickly as it usually does, and when I tried to start it manually it wouldn't do anything. Reboot fixed it. Probably a restart of MC including Media Server would have done it, but a reboot is easier for me.

A MC Client gets a completely refreshed copy of the Server Library when the Client is started or restarted, then if automatic synchronisation is turned on it should update regularly. I usually see new files on the Client in no more than five minutes, and often within one minute.

There are two MMC Commands that sync libraries. Perhaps 20032 is what you want, or 20026.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 01:58:36 pm »

20032 appears to do what I need...thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 04:36:33 pm »

Excellent. In fact, I found this example this morning of adding the command to Theatre View, which would be an alternative to using a remote button. Sometimes remembering or finding the correct button can be a pain, but putting it in Theatre View provides a description that all your users will understand.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88197.msg604496#msg604496
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up