INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jr remote - showing and searching bit depth and sampling frequency and others  (Read 3910 times)

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck

Hello - I have just purchased JRiver after using Audirvana for the past year.
JRiver database and media handling is a step up but I miss the remote filtering options of Audirvana.
Is there any way to search on bit depth and sample frequency via the remote and also show these on the remote player.
Such that I can display only 24bit albums or albums of a specific sample frequency.
Audirvana also shows the outboard DAC settings eg 32bit 192KHz.
I realise every application is diffent but filtering options would be a worthwhile adition.
Many thanks.
Aircub.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

The way that I do it is admittedly not pretty, but it does work at least for me...

I just add an extra tag to the Album title of my hi-res files as in "Endless River [HD] [5.1]" (say). That means I can search for HD tracks, and/or for multi-channel tracks. In the very few cases where I have an album duplicated in both hi-res and CD quality then I might explicitly mark the latter explicitly as in "Endless River [SD] [2]" (say), although as a general rule I assume implicitly that an album without a suffix is CD quality only.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

blgentry

Another idea on this is to make a view that shows Sample Rate and/or Bit Depth as a top level item.  Make a Categories view.  Then (for example) set up:

Sample Rate
Album Artist (auto)
Album

Now you'll have a view that starts by showing you Sample rate, then lets you drill down through artist and album.  Configure media network to show this in JRemote:

Tools  > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote

Find your new view and put it into the list on the left so JRemote can see it.  Press OK, then restart MC and reconnect with JRemote.  You'll now see your new view, that starts with Sample Rate as the first category!  You could include bit depth here also.  Or set up a second view that shows bit depth first.

Any of these views can be customized to show only certain things.  For example, you could have a "24 bit" view that shows only 24 bit music.  A high rez view that only shows files at 48kHz or above.  Or 88.2kHz or above... or whatever your criteria is.

This is part of the power of JRiver MC:  you can set up these views, in a very customized way, and then export them to JRemote for remote control.

Brian.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks for your ideas guys - Struggling with making a catagory view, finding the power of JR but still on the learning curve!
Still like the multiple filttering options of Audirvana remote but otherwise its poor in comparison to JR.
With filtering on the remote and upscaling and dac izotope options on the mam/pc it would be outstanding
but no complaints as the possibilities are great.
More reading for me - Brian any tips for creating the view - mousing over the header then what?
If you can point me where to look/read up - that would be great!
Many Thanks.
Karl

blgentry

I can't seem to find a wiki article detailing how to create and manipulate a categories view... I swore there was one there...  Here's an interesting video tutorial.  It's got a ton of information in it that's interesting.  But I'm linking it just so you can see how to create a categories view.  Scroll to 14:08 in the view and watch:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3487125/JRiver%20Part%20Two%20-%20Tags%20and%20Views.mp4

Hopefully that gets you started pretty well.  Ask here if you have more questions.  Good luck!

Brian.

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck

Many Thanks Brian  :)

Really good video ....
I have created a 24 bit custom caregory and copied onto my remote, l can now view just 24 bit albums, just what I wanted.  Great!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up