INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio crashing MC21 on Opening  (Read 4488 times)

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
DSP Studio crashing MC21 on Opening
« on: November 12, 2015, 07:21:57 pm »

I can play files just fine but if I try to open DSP Studion MC21 crashes.   The "safe boot" options don't fix the issue.

Is there an ini file for DSP settings I could perhaps reset?
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DSP Studio crashing MC21 on Opening
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 08:18:55 am »

That's a really weird problem.

You could try a reinstall.

Or go here in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 21\Plugins\DSP

And erase entries you've added.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 11:27:46 am »

No joy on deleting entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 21\Plugins\DSP but you've given me other avenue to explore.

I'm going to backup entries for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Center 21\Zones and try deleting those.

Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 04:10:01 pm »

No go on deleting Zone keys.

Did re-install (but not full uninstall 1st)

Error log https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=203B626CCE70E82E!135576&authkey=!AMu9jvVCUv3Ghgw&ithint=file%2czip

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 09:22:23 pm »

Better place to post error log in hopes someone from JR can take a look?

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »

I didn't have a problem accessing the log you provided, but there seems to be a lot of information missing from the Previous Log. I'm not sure if this was unintentionally edited or not. If this problem is easy to reproduce (and it sounds like it is), could you: go into Logging, reset the log, recreate the crash, and then post a new log. If it's under 700kb, you should be able to just attach it to your post in the forum (under addition options).

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 09:17:55 pm »

Oh good grief, I was searching through all the icons for "File Attachment"  never thought to look under additional options!

I cleared the log and reproduced twice so hopefully log is complete - thanks!

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 09:13:40 am »

This seems like a tricky problem. It looks like it's crashing before it can begin to load the DSP Studio. It looks like what you might want to try is doing a full uninstall and then reinstalling Media Center. Make sure to back-up your library first, but don't restore it right away after you reinstall. Make sure the DSP Studio works first, then try restoring your library and see if the DSP Studio still works. I also have a couple of questions.

1. Are you using any third-party plug-ins aside from the default ones?
2. What method do you use to enter the DSP Studio, and have you tried other methods?

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 11:57:29 am »

I am using 3rd party plugins but have had no issues with them to date and do not access them through other means.

Before I do complete uninstall are 3rd party VST configurations stored in MC library or elsewhere?

BradATIMA

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 04:15:59 pm »

The configurations are stored in the registry. They will get deleted if you do a full uninstall, so you should export the registries before you uninstall Media Center. They should be under something like Current_User -> software -> JRiver -> Zones... If you have unique configurations for multiple zones, there will likely be multiple instances within zones.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 05:03:19 pm »

After complete uninstall/reinstall MC works fine - no crash when opening DSP setting.

As soon as I restored Library it started crashing again.

BradATIMA

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 08:46:15 am »

Could you create a backup of your library and e-mail it to me? It might be easier to figure out where it's crashing that way. I'm brad at jriver dot com.

Also, when you mentioned that it began crashing once you restored your library, did you just restore your library, or did you also add the other plugins and configurations back into Media Center?
Pages: [1]   Go Up