INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video files import as docs, won't play  (Read 2194 times)

usuallee

video files import as docs, won't play
« on: November 12, 2015, 07:59:02 pm »

Hello all,

Newb could use a little help here please  :) Using an old PC with ubuntu 14.04 as a HTPC. Auditioning MC21 to replace Kodi which I'm not really satisfied with. Looks good. Would certainly pony up the $ to purchase if the following issue can be resolved. Got audio working great and it's better than any other music player app I've tried. However, could not get movie files (mostly MKV, x264 video, audio is DTS, AC3, aac, etc) to import. Then I realized they did import, but as docs, not as video files. (even though I followed the "double click to add files" prompt within the Video tab.) Will not play at all. "Something went wrong with playback." These same files will import/play fine within Kodi and will play fine with VLC as well.

Played with various settings. No joy. Googled and searched this forum with no relevant results that I could find. Any ideas how I can import these files as Videos and then be able to play them??

Any suggestions are most appreciated, thanks!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: video files import as docs, won't play
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:56:49 pm »

Hello all,

Newb could use a little help here please  :) Using an old PC with ubuntu 14.04 as a HTPC. Auditioning MC21 to replace Kodi which I'm not really satisfied with. Looks good. Would certainly pony up the $ to purchase if the following issue can be resolved. Got audio working great and it's better than any other music player app I've tried. However, could not get movie files (mostly MKV, x264 video, audio is DTS, AC3, aac, etc) to import. Then I realized they did import, but as docs, not as video files. (even though I followed the "double click to add files" prompt within the Video tab.) Will not play at all. "Something went wrong with playback." These same files will import/play fine within Kodi and will play fine with VLC as well.

Played with various settings. No joy. Googled and searched this forum with no relevant results that I could find. Any ideas how I can import these files as Videos and then be able to play them??

Any suggestions are most appreciated, thanks!
MC does support video playback. It appears that the JRWorker on your system isn't working. I'd guess this is because you are missing some library since you aren't running on the supported distro.

usuallee

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 09:04:56 pm »

Thanks for the response. Might play around with Jessie then. Would be worth the switch if the video portion of MC for Linux works as well as it does for playing audio. The audio options makes music sound really really great, been very impressed.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 09:14:36 pm »

Quite a few of us have it running on ubuntu 14.04.

Have you tried installing via the repo (which should in theory install any missing dependencies)?

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=99332.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up