INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 & Synology not Auto Updating  (Read 2795 times)

Aircub

• Junior Woodchuck
MC21 & Synology not Auto Updating
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:38:24 am »

I have my media on a Synology DS1815+ and have imported my music etc using the auto-import function.

However it is not updating when I add files. I see from the wiki that auto updating relies on "file System events" being sent from my server to notifiy JRiver of a update, but I have no idea if this is working, can anyone help?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC21 & Synology not Auto Updating
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 06:56:22 am »

short answer :)

it will import these files ... eventually.

there are too many variables to explain reasons why sometimes this is fast sometimes it could take overnight, but JRiver is designed to not continuously be looking for files to import. On slow networks/NASs this is a good thing. So either you have to somehow provoke a system event, or much easier and controllable ==> just run autoimport manually .. if a full import is too slow on your network, you can just import an individual folder as one of the options. You can even set-up a shortcut for this on the menu bar :)

PS - My for what its worth, 2-cent tip ... rip always to a temp directory which should be included in your auto import settings. Make an admin view to include only this directory .. verify your tags/artwork, and then use the copy/move tool (F6) to move them to your main media root -- you can make a preset for this, so it becomes really fast and controllable. Other ways to speed up importing -- get cover art and analyze the audio after import, not at the same time. Setting up an admin view to control this is very easy

kolia

• World Citizen
Re: MC21 & Synology not Auto Updating
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 06:51:59 am »

Indeed Synology DSM 5.2 still doesn't support file system events. The tip posted by Arindelle is really a nice one that made me discover another value of the incredible JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up