INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having problems instaling VST plug-ins in Media Center 21.0.19 [SOLVED]  (Read 14347 times)

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck

As the subject states, I cannot seem to install any plug-ins or VST's into Media Center 21.0.19 - Every time I try it gives me the error message "Failed to Install Plug-in".

I am specifically trying to install Ozone 7's Dynamic EQ and regular EQ, but i keep getting that error message. So I tried installing other VST plug-ins, and those fail as well. I have not had this problem before. All of my previous plug-ins are still available that I installed in previous versions of MC like Ozone 5's EQ and Redline Monitor, but for whatever reason any VST plug-in I try gets the "Failed to Install Plug-in" error. I am using 32-bit VST's so I am at a loss as to why they fail to install.

Anyone have any suggestions and/or solutions?

Thanks!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Having problems instaling VST plug-ins in Media Center 21.0.19
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 03:03:31 pm »

have you tried- putting the plug in in the plug in folder then going into dsp studio/manage plug-ins.. then selecting the add JRiver, VST bla bla.. then brouse to the plug in? I only ask because i have run across a few plugins that were executable and i never could get them to work.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:42:24 pm »

Hi TAO1857,

Thank you for your reply. Actually I have not tried that but I will do that immediately and let you know if it works. Can you tell me where the directory for JRiver MC21's Plugin folder is located?

Thank you again for your reply!

~OHM~

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 11:15:12 pm »

Can you tell me where the directory for JRiver MC21's Plugin folder is located?

Thank you again for your reply!

it should be c:drive/users (your user name) AppData/Roaming/J River/Media Center 21/Plugins   (you don't have to put your plugins in this folder you just need to brouse to it through DSP Studio, tho i recommend to do so simply so you can keep track of them easier.)

this also depends on your windows settings. ie: you need to be able to see hidden files, folders, and drives

I hope MC21 file location is the same as 20, tho I have a license for MC21 it's way to early for me to install and use it
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 11:37:55 pm »

thank you once again for your reply. I did exactly as you said, but still get the "Failed to Install Plugin" error message. I dunno why it is doing this. Like I stated in my first post, my OZone 5 and Redline Monitor VSt's are still working fine (I had them installed since MC19) so I am at a loss at this point.

~OHM~

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 12:54:24 am »

what version of windows are you using...is the plug in compatible with it? I'm not familiar with that plug in but if you can send me a link to it? for that plug in all you need from it is the file ending in (name of plug in).dll

EDIT:  WOW is that the 250. or the 500.00 one

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 01:03:42 am »

I am using Windows 10 - Ozone 7 is compatible with Windows 10. The VST's it installs are 32-bit .dll's and 64-bit .dll's. I have tried using the 32-bit .dll's and for giggles I even tried the 64-bit .dll's but it continues to fail to install the plugins. Ozone 5 and 6 were able to be installed in MC19 and MC 20 - but I cannot install any VST's into the latest version of MC21

The name of the program is Ozone 7
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mixing-mastering/ozone/

The name of the .dll files I am trying to install in MC 21 are:

iZOzone7DynEq.dll
iZOzone7Equalizer.dll

Like I stated above, Ozone 5 and Ozone 6 EQ installed just fine in MC19 and MC20 but it seems I cannot install any VST into MC21 unless it was installed in previous MC versions.

P.S. It is the $500 one as I am a Mixing and Mastering engineer so I use that program to mix and master sound files and audio.

~OHM~

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 01:05:26 am »

so if I'm reading the web page correctly and I have the correct plugin. quote: Ozone 7 runs as a standalone application, or as a pluginyour audio editing software. end quote

your problem may be that MC is not truly audio editing software....now this is just a guess on my part.

~OHM~

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 01:11:22 am »

Like I stated above, Ozone 5 and Ozone 6 EQ installed just fine in MC19 and MC20 but it seems I cannot install any VST into MC21 unless it was installed in previous MC versions.

so could you install MC20 and install the plug in reboot pc and try putting it in 21?

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 01:16:36 am »

I certainly will try that - actually, I still have MC20 installed along with MC 21. SO I will try your suggestion and get back with you.

I also want to thank you for all of your help and taking the time to try to help me solve my issue, I appreciate it very much.

~OHM~

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 01:23:38 am »

not a problem. I am at the moment installing it into MC20 using the 10day free trial....so will also get back to u on this

~OHM~

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 01:46:03 am »

OK I installed the 10 day free trial and got 19 plugins and received the error message on every one...I would guess that at this time Ozone 7 is incompatible with MC but I am by no means an expert on this...lets hope a Admin or MC guru will step in here in the AM with answers for you...in the meantime if iZtope has a board you could stop by and ask them.

Good Luck...I will be watching this thread and hoping you get the help or at least find out if it is incompatible at this time...

BradATIMA

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 10:00:02 am »

...in the meantime if iZtope has a board you could stop by and ask them.

This is probably a good idea. I've never used this plug-in before, but they do seem to have been helpful in the past.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97576.0

Seeing as you've installed Ozone 5 in the past, I doubt this topic will be of any use, but I thought I would post it anyway, just to be sure.

blgentry

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 10:21:38 am »

Based on the article that Brad posted, I'm guessing that Ozone has several different DLL files with similar names.  Some of them are plugins, some are "helpers", which won't work as a VST.

This article shows the locations (4 of them) where Ozone is supposed to install the VST plugins.

https://www.izotope.com/support/kb/index.php/kb/article/173-VST_plug-in_not_available_within_plug-in_host_%28Windows%29

Maybe double check to make sure that you're using files from those locations?  ...and read the last post in the posting that Brad linked.  It has details about different file names.

Brian.

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 12:49:40 pm »

I contacted iZotope and got it figured out. The file you need is iZotope Ozone 7 Equalizer.dll and iZotope Ozone 7 Dynamic EQ.dll and not iZOzone7Equalizer.dll or iZOzone7DynEq.dll.

I found the correct files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cakewalk\Vstplugins -however your directory for VSt's may be different. Just make sure you use the .dll's starting with iZotope Ozone 7 and not iZOzone7

switch6343

• Recent member
Re: Having problems instaling VST plug-ins in Media Center 21.0.19 [SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 12:47:24 am »

I have exactly the same problem with the Reference3.dll of Sonarworks (32-bit version!), Headphone Calibration plug-in. I successfully added de VST dll on a Notebook with Windows 7 64 bit and JRiver Media Center v 21.0.23.

However, I am unable to add the same 32-bit VST dll in JRiver Media Center c 21.0.23 on a Windows 10 64-bit version, latest edition i.e. Microsoft's November 2015 iteration. I contacted Sonarworks Support, but sofar they have not been able to help me resolve this issue.

I deleted the VST file, installed it again, but every time I want to add the VST file, and I point to the folder where the Reverence3.dll ist stored, JRiver Media Center returns the error message "Failed to install the plug-in".

I also tried it on the Windows 10 64-bit notebook, prior to the latest MS update iteration. To no avail as well. I had hoped the new Windows 10 iteration would resolve it, but it didn't.

Anyone who can advise me? Just for your information: I bought a license for 3 x VST plugins from Sonarworks (Headphone Calibration plugin). So, it should install on the second Notebook with Windows 10 as well.

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 12:54:53 am »

I'm having the same issue with SGA1566 (and other plug-ins). After downloading, I followed the path set out above by TAO 1857, but get the same message, that the plug-in failed to install.

TheGreatBiguini

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2021, 10:08:06 am »

having the same issue now with MC28 and the latest Sonarworks... I get the "Failed to Install Plugin" message no matter where the dll files are. has anyone gotten this to work?  EDIT: Appears to have been a license issue in my case, Sonarworks gives you 3 installs and I had forgotten that I already hit that number. IOW, again in my case at least, does not appear to be a JRiver bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up