INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLayback could not be started using the format: 48 Khz 32bit 6ch  (Read 2374 times)

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck
PLayback could not be started using the format: 48 Khz 32bit 6ch
« on: November 18, 2015, 03:30:26 pm »

Whenever I try to play DVDs or Blu-Rays JRiver pops up a message saying that 6ch playback could not be started using the format and suggests that a 2ch format would work (and it does).

I don't remember when this started happening but I know I've played Blu-Rays in full 5.1 before. When I try VLC it plays the same DVD perfectly in 5.1.

I expect it's something simple  ::), can anyone help me fix this? Thanks.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PLayback could not be started using the format: 48 Khz 32bit 6ch
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 03:46:19 pm »

I don't know what is wrong with your setup, but if it is like mine, I would go to Audio Properties and see if you are using "WASAPI" (under Audio>Default Audio Device) as this is most common. And check the DSP settings at Audio>DSP>Output settings. Then go to "Windows Sound Properties" and make sure your "HD Audio" Device (advanced properties) settings are set for highest quality your sound card will provide (like 24 bit, 96000 Hz).

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 05:51:24 pm »

Output device is set to 'Default Audio Device [Direct Sound]', i'm using my USB surround headphones. They're the only active output device and set as default. Other apps are playing this and various other multichannel content to the headphones fine. If I switch on my AV Amp (connected with HDMI) it plays the same content using it's WASAPI device with no warning or attempt to switch from 6 to 2 channels.

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:10:50 pm »

Found the issue, in DSP Studio there were some sample rate input / outputs modified. Once they were all reset to 'No change' it all started working normally again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up