INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Library, two Mini Macs  (Read 2772 times)

Krytie

One Library, two Mini Macs
« on: November 18, 2015, 06:09:30 pm »

Good Day All,

I apologize in advance if this has been covered before but I could not find anything in a couple of hours of searching/reading.

I am running, MC20 (20.0.126) on one Mini Mac (in server mode) with all the music stored on it for my main system and then I have a second Mini Mac using the main library for a second system. The two systems are connected via a dedicated Gb switch. The issue I am having is with the second/slave Mini Mac, the main one runs fine, but I have issue getting anything to play consistently on the second/slave Mini Mac. The second/slave Mini Mac is run 24/7 and does not have a monitor/TV hooked up to it so its painful when things aren't working. It seems sometimes JRiver is not running anymore somehow, other times I cannot connect to it unless I reboot the machine. Auto updates are turned off and the output is via optical. The program is in the application folder and that Mini Mac is dedicated for JRiver so there is nothing running on it other than default programs. All in controlled via iPad Mini/JRemote.

Is there a setting or something I am missing?

For reference, in my other home, I am running the same config but with two Windows machines without issue...for years.

Thanks in advance,

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up