INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows phones and DACs  (Read 1917 times)

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Windows phones and DACs
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:21:22 pm »

It appears windows 10 phones will now work with DACs.
I believe they will also support FLAC natively.
I'm not sure if there are any decent apps to play the music though.
Maybe a good time to develop JRemote for Windows Mobile?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn957036

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows phones and DACs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 12:44:01 am »

Nice pickup. That means that a Windows 10 Mobile device can use expanded storage, such as a powered USB drive. (USB Mass Storage (Bulk & UASP))

That has only been possible with Android using an OTG (On The Go) connector I believe, which applied some limitations. In an application I wanted to use, you couldn't power the Android phone while connecting it to an external drive, and you couldn't connect it to a USB hub to allow a USB drive plus a USB SDXC Card Reader to be connected, for backup purposes.

Of course it just hasn't been possible at all with iOS, as far as I can remember. (No doubt someone will correct me if I am wrong.  ;D)

I want a decent Windows 10 Mobile phone. . . Still waiting. Getting closer.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up