INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full screen image - JRemote - Android  (Read 2438 times)

HiFiMusic

Full screen image - JRemote - Android
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:10:58 pm »

Hi,
I recently purchased JRemote for Android looking for a better UI then Gizmo delivered.

However I find that Gizmo in play mode gives me a full screen image whilst JRemote cannot! JRemote displays controls which I do not appear to be able to hide either in landscape and portrait.

I gather this somehow is finger trouble so can you please help me out on this. If not when will such a basic level of functionality be fixed?

Using a Samsung S3 phone to view.

Regards

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Full screen image - JRemote - Android
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 10:01:12 pm »

Lol I didn't see that. Gizmo has its own problems but this need some w work.

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 10:13:27 pm »

Actually on my Nexus 4 they are not playing at all.

system
Android 5.1.1

HiFiMusic

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 11:01:32 pm »

I did some more trouble shooting and believe the problem relates to the player selection.

In Gizmo if you select "Here" in options: "Choose where to play", you get full screen images. Other option is "Player", which also shows controls same as JRemote.

In JRemote, the options for "Available zones"  are "Player" and "This device". If you select "This device", which I assume is equivalent to "Here" in Gizmo, it shows at the bottom of the screen "nothing is currently playing" even though the images are queued. If I go back and select "Player" the queue appears. So the issue relates to the "This device" player making the queue unavailable.

Over to you.

HiFiMusic

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:28:04 pm »

It has been a few weeks since I posted this issue.

Could someone from JRiver support please provide me with guidance or an update on problem resolution?

Regards

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 04:10:38 am »

There is another thread about the same issue:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,100485.msg707335.html#msg707335

Both were started in late 2015 and ended with no solution. I noticed the same problem when started using JREMOTE. I thought that it would be fixed someday. Now 4 years and two phones later, local image playback with JREMOTE still doesn't work for me.

Has anyone figured out how to play images with JREMOTE locally ? Could it be a problem with my setup or is this still not yet implemented ? I'm thankful if anyone could confirm that this feature works at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up