INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9.1.243 SoundRecorder Needs Work  (Read 882 times)

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
MC 9.1.243 SoundRecorder Needs Work
« on: September 03, 2003, 01:22:21 pm »

After further experimentation with SoundRecorder, I recommend that J River consider the following modifcations to SoundRecorder (in addition to correcting the "long delay" and "source input" bugs I previously posted):

1. We need a "Genre" field in addition to Artist, Album and Tracks;

2. Because recording LPs usually involves recording 2 sides of a disc, SoundRecorder should: (a) have input for an LP tracklist which allows the user to distinguish between side 1 tracks and side 2 tracks; (2) the program should then use this info to automatically split and pause at the last track of side 1 (when "Pause" is pressed) so that the LP can be manually flipped to side 2, at which point pressing "Resume Record" (or Start) will continue with the side 2 track list which should begin at the next sequential number after the last track on side 1.

As it stands now, it seems the user must quickly press "Split Track" and then "Pause" at the end of the last track on side 1, so that the record can be flipped and the track sequence remain in correct order. This should NOT require two button presses; only one. Also, using the present version of the SoundRecorder, coming out of "Pause" for LP Side 2 immediately throws the recorder into "record" mode, when it should be "listening for music" mode. After all you need a little time to cue the record.

3. SoundRecord should allow you to manually move around in the track list to manually re-record any track that one may have accidently manually split too soon or too late. This might also require that the "status" field have the ability to be cleared of the "Finished" entry so that re-recording is possible.

I hope these suggestions are considered and implemented, because as it now stands, Sound Recorder, mechanically is not what it needs to be, in order to be useful to an LP record archivist who needs to archive hundreds of LPs.

Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS
Pages: [1]   Go Up