INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continue movie on another device.  (Read 2107 times)

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Continue movie on another device.
« on: November 29, 2015, 04:11:19 pm »

From time to time, I am not finishing a movie not on TV, but on my smartphone in bed via JRemote.

Would be great, if I could pause a movie and continue it on another device...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Continue movie on another device.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 04:25:49 pm »

I haven't tested it, but if you have played enough of the movie to have MC set a bookmark, then you should be able to stop the movie, go to your JRemote device, and start playback again where you left off.

As I say, I haven't tested it. Bookmarks may be device specific, but I don't think so. They are saved to a tag for the file, so are library specific.

You may have to tweak the bookmark settings in MC to get the result you want. See the Wiki Bookmark article.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Continue movie on another device.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:07:08 am »

In theory Bookmarks could work, however unfortunately JRemote does not currently make use of the Bookmarks when playing videos.
If you switch between two MC instances, then the automatic Bookmarks would do just that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 01:52:46 pm »

What about Gizmo? Does it support bookmarking?
Pages: [1]   Go Up