INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License problem  (Read 1417 times)

amham

• Recent member
License problem
« on: December 01, 2015, 08:25:17 pm »

I recently purchased a license for Media Center 21 Master and see only Media Center 20 on my MAC with no option to update.  What version does my license entitled me to?  In addition, every time I launch MC20 for MAC I have to restore the license.  I ran out of my allotted restores.  What am I doing wrong? Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Confused...as usual with MC
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:38:24 pm »

To get MC21 for Mac, download it from the thread at the VERY top of this forum.  That will be the latest, greatest build of MC21.  Install it as usual (drag the app to Applications) and run it.  You'll probably need to restore your license.

To make MC21 work with the Library you've built in MC20, first do a Library backup in MC20 (File > Library > backup library).  Then take that file and restore it in MC21.  (File > Library > Restore Library).

That should get you going.

Brian.

amham

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 08:41:32 pm »

Thanks for your quick response.  What about my restore issues...I'm now out according to the last restore email received?

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 08:47:40 pm »

I don't work for JRiver, so I can't directly help with restores.  The staff is usually really good about resetting the restore count though, especially when it's because of them not working correctly.

Those license files are good for 14 days, so you can use the same MJR file more than once during that time period.

When you install MC21, you might try doing the restore directly from MC21 itself.  That seems to be the most reliable way to make sure the license gets installed.  Good luck!

Brian.

amham

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 08:52:59 pm »

Thank you for your kind assistance!

JohnT

Re: License problem
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 11:11:56 am »

Your restore count has been reset.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center