INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bug MC21 (OSX): serious issues with character encoding / unicode / utf  (Read 2470 times)

tutenchamun

• Recent member

Applies to any version at least since MC19.

My usecase:
1. MC21/OSX to maintain a FLAC library an a NAS (Synology) share
(compatible with Mac, Windows & Linux clients !)
2. Sync/maintain Playlists to SD-cards (cardreader attached to OSX)
(later use on A&K device)

Issue:
It is not possible to maintain consistent char-encoding while using MC21.
(Multiple OS environments seem to be an issue)
1. MC21 constantly wants to re-sync parts of the library right after finishing syncing to SDCard
(after *manually* re-tagging these files and renaming through MC21 this goes away)
2. MC21 seems to ignore tags with "/" and therefor simply identifies some artist names to empty (multiple artists)
3. MC21 ignores to import files containing char's like é ...

That all is a big issue.
I rely on using MB-Picard for automated tagging but these tag's seem to introduce some problems with MC.
And I guess its down to UNICODE character encoding.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: bug MC21 (OSX): serious issues with character encoding / unicode / utf
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 10:18:36 am »

2. MC21 seems to ignore tags with "/" and therefor simply identifies some artist names to empty (multiple artists)

I have several AC/DC albums in my collection and MC displays the Artist as "AC/DC".  Which includes the slash ( / ).

3. MC21 ignores to import files containing char's like é ...

I have lots of files with accented characters in the file name and directory name.  Like:  07_Viğrar vel til loftárása.flac

My best guess is that you have some interaction with your NAS that's causing this.  My files are all local (not on NAS).

How are you connecting to your NAS?  SMB?  AFP?  I'm not sure how either of these protocols handle UTF characters, but that might be where the problem lies.  Perhaps it's an option that can be set on the NAS or the individual shares on the NAS?

Brian.

tutenchamun

• Recent member

I did have a thought on this, but did not follow.
But I guess I am looking into your suggestion now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up