INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 for Mac keeps going back to huge font at start up  (Read 2493 times)

Domi62

• Recent member
MC 21 for Mac keeps going back to huge font at start up
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:32:13 am »

While trying to make MC look as much as a Mac app as possible, I played with theFonts in "Tools/Option/Views/Personalize the font". I made it Helvetica Neue, which seems to be Apple's system font. I tried various sizes and used a large one (48) once by mistake. I then found that 24 was a very comfortable size on my retina screen. However, since then, whenever I restart MC, it returns to the huge 48 font size I only tried once. I have to back in the options to change it back to 24.
Also, when I change the"View" "Size" from 100 to 125%, or 125% to 100%, it also jumps back to 48 font size every time.
 How can I get rid of this? Many thanks!

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC 21 for Mac keeps going back to huge font at start up
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 08:09:20 am »

Hello,

Maybe you can trash your JRiver preference and start again from fresh...

Close JRiver than Go to your Home folder (the little house) Open library
(if you cant see it there, Apple hide it, just click Alt button while in home folder and go in the finder menu "Go"
Library will be visible... than go to preferences folder... in it, trash: com.jriver.MediaCenter21.plist
Reopen JRiver.
If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Domi62

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:39:51 am »

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and guidance, just tried it, it unfortunately immediately re-created a new Preferences file, that seems to still insist on starting up with that ridiculously large Helvetica Neue 48 font: not sure where that one is stored, but it keeps coming back!

RunHomeSlow

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 01:36:49 pm »

Since a response from the JTeam in your other thread about skins, i see in my home folder...
library... application support... j river... media center 21... you have settings folder... in it, user settings.ini

maybe that is the one to trash... BUT I DONT KNOW FOR SURE, I DONT WANT YOU TO SCREW YOUR SETUP
Remove it, but put it somewhere else on computer and restart JRiver to see... if not put it back where it was.
If You Got Ears, You Gotta Listen – Captain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS 14.3 > Audirvana Origin 2.5.x >
Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >
Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 03:55:42 pm »

I've never been able to figure out what the default font is in MC.  I changed it a few times and had to restore a backup to get the original font back.

So that's your first answer:  Restore a backup made *before* you changed the font.  When you restore the backup, choose to ONLY RESTORE SETTINGS.  Not the library and playlists.  Only settings.  It's a check box near the bottom.  You might make a backup first, just in case, so you can restore to *that* backup if something goes wrong.

The other answer is, the font setting is stored in the User Settings.ini file.  But I wouldn't mess with that except as a last resort.  ...and if I did, I would make a backup of it first.

Try restoring a backup; that should probably work for you.

Brian.

Domi62

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 10:01:02 am »

Solved! Brian's idea of restoring an old library back up from before I played with large fonts checking only the parameters box made MC 21 "forget" the odd huge font and now start with Helvetica Neue 24.

Many thanks Brian!

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 01:36:31 pm »

This is happening to me to and this is my first time using MC21 and my first time using MC on a Mac. I have not changed the font size at all but I did try each skin to see which one I liked best.  I don't have a library backup to restore to so thats not an option for me.  I hope it gets fixed.
JLee

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 01:54:36 pm »

With a bit of playing around it seems MC (on opening) is always selecting a font size double what i chose.  So the workaround was simple.... to get 24 I simply selected 12 :)
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up