INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlist from MC18 doesn't work the same in MC21  (Read 1162 times)

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
smartlist from MC18 doesn't work the same in MC21
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:13:40 pm »

Hi,

I recently upgraded to MC21 from 18.  I upgraded the library through each version 19 & 20 so that there wouldn't be any issues and all seemed fine until I tried out one of my smartlists in MC21.  I never really checked when I upgraded through the versions as my goal was just to get to MC21 but it appears that it broke in MC19 - as I went back to that version and it is giving the same results as 21.  

It's a smartlist that takes song off a main playlist, that were last skipped over 4 weeks ago, then sort's by number of plays (z-a), last played (a-z) then removes duplicates of artist,name and then limits to 100 and then sorts those by artist, number of plays, last played.

In MC18  reads:

[Media Type]=[audio] playlistid==301669441 [Last Skipped]=>4w ~sort=[Number Plays]-d,[Last Played] ~nodup=[Artist],[Name] ~n=100 ~sort=[Artist],[Number Plays]-d,[Last Played]

It reads the same in MC21 but the results in MC21 are not even close to what I expect.  I am not sure what changed but something did....  Any suggestions

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: smartlist from MC18 doesn't work the same in MC21
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 07:13:10 pm »

Maybe the playlist id changed because you upgraded your library?

Otherwise just edit the rule down bit by bit until you find the part that isn't working and let us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: smartlist from MC18 doesn't work the same in MC21
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:56:24 pm »

okay I figured it out it has to do with sorting the empty strings last option in options/tree - BUT it was NOT checked in my version of 18 where it works correctly and it doesn't work in 21 with the box NOT.  So I now I know why it's happening but I am curious why the default action changed or why I have it off in the old version but have to have it on for the new version??

The problem with this is I have 100's of smartlists that are set to sort and eliminate certain songs (live songs vs studio) that are based off the sorting option as it was in all versions through (apparently 19).

So this blows up a significant amount of my smartlists....... :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up