INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Switch fails to play  (Read 2331 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Zone Switch fails to play
« on: December 15, 2015, 09:33:10 am »

I'm guessing this is Mac specific.  Here's what happens:

I've got 2 zones configured with zone switch rules.  Each rule is configured to stop the other zone first.  If I'm playing in zone A and I click a file that should play in zone B, zone A stops playing almost immediately.  Then there's a pause of maybe 10 seconds.  Next I get the spinning beach ball.  Finally, I get "something went wrong with playback".  Now, I go to zone B and I see the file that was supposed to play is sitting there in Playing Now.  If I double click the file again, it starts up fairly quickly and plays properly.

I've been seeing this behavior for months with the zones I have set up, but these zones are not something I switch constantly, so it's not a big deal.

However, I'm now testing zone switching for PCM versus DSD content.  So these switches will happen frequently and the stopping and restarting makes it awkward and "broken".

Can anyone else confirm if this happens for them?  Or if this is abnormal behavior as I think it is?

Thanks,

Brian.

blgentry

Re: Zone Switch fails to play
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:51:53 am »

Funny how sometimes posting about these things gives you new ideas on how to fix the problem.

I remembered that I've configured the double click behavior to act differently than the default.  The default is Replace Playing Now (single).  Right?  Or is it Replace Playing Now (All) ?  Either way, I much prefer:  Add To Playing Now (Play Now).  Makes more sense for the way I use MC.

So I changed it back to Replace Playing Now (Single), and it works as expected.  No more failing to play or beach balls.  I'm guessing something is amiss here though.  Shouldn't it work correctly with the other setting too?  (Add to Playing Now (Play Now) )

Brian.

blgentry

Re: Zone Switch fails to play
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 07:25:57 pm »

If I'm not mistaken this has been fixed in MC21.0.31 also.

Thanks!

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up