INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 21.0.37 for Debian  (Read 3463 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 21.0.37 for Debian
« on: December 17, 2015, 05:01:03 pm »

The latest build is up at:

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter-21.0.37.deb (also in the latest apt repository)

See the windows 21 log for general non-linux related changes.
21.0.37 (1/15/2016)

Changes from the main branch

21.0.28 (12/17/2015)

1. Fixed: Potential worker thread hang in CListener class, also a potential memory leak.
2. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.

21.0.23 (11/23/2015)

1. Fixed: Memory leak bug introduced in 20.0.123. More apparent if there are lots of windows (from any application) open at once.
2. New: The internal function that provides the OS information to MC is now functional. This fixed a bug in Noire where the window action buttons could have been windows 10 lookalikes.
3. Changed: Internal event handling.

21.0.16 (10/16/2015)

1. Fixed: Thumbnail creation for Videos would often crash JRWorker.
2. Fixed: The TVInfo Expression did not work.
3. Fixed: Change in eventing fixes maximize button on ARM, possibly other subtle changes.

21.0.7 (9/15/2015)

1. NEW: Support for external sidecar subtitles.
2. NEW: Automatic stream selection based on the preferred languages configured in Video -> Subtitles & Languages.
3. Changed: Improved font metrics handling of descents on letters like "g" or "j".
4. Fixed: Leaving fullscreen mode (ie when playing video fullscreen) returns MC to the state is was in before entering fullscreen mode.
5. Fixed: MC behavior with multiple monitors (xrandr) and fullscreen mode. Still needs a bit more work to fully support multiple monitors.
6: Changed: MC will print an error message (to stderr) when unable to open the X display instead of segfaulting.
7. Fixed: The cursor will be hidden in fullscreen mode.
8. Changed: The custom Data is used from the users MC resource area instead of from MC's app library area.

21.0.6 (9/4/2015)

1. Fixed: Issue with crashes when closing the tree during playback when the cover art is displaying in the action window. This could possibly help with other sizing issues.
2. Changed: Skins are copied into the users MC resource area from MC's app library area upon updating to this build and are used from there going forward so they can be modified without requiring root permissions.

21.0.5 (9/1/2015)

1. Changed: Added graphical confirmation of the license installation through the file association.

21.0.4 (8/14/2015)

1. Fixed: The "View Current Log" button on the logging dialog wasn't working.
2. Fixed: Exporting a playlist to HTML didn't open a browser to view the playlist properly.
3. Fixed: Viewing the html of a gallery in preview mode didn't open a browser properly to view the preview.
4. Changed: Internal, method of running an external command.
5. Fixed: Can purchase an upgrade via the usual method (install MC 20 license on MC 21 and follow the instructions).

21.0.3 (8/10/2015)

1. NEW: Improved font support.
2. Fixed: Trial period was broken.

21.0.2 (8/7/2015)

1. NEW: Subtitle Support during Video Playback.
2. Changed: Windows redraw better.
3. NEW: Image support. 2D viewing effects only at this time.

Mark_NL

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.28 for Debian
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 08:45:00 am »

Thank you and congratulations!

This is the most stable version of MC linux so far. All the segfault problems I’ve had with 21.0.23 are fixed. It is running for two weeks without a freeze or restart. Actually 21.0.28 handle’s disappearing (switched off) renders while playing to them very well; something prior linux versions of MC didn’t like a lot.

Sorry for not reporting this earlier, the ends of years tend to be very busy for me.  

bob

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.28 for Debian
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:42:40 am »

Thank you and congratulations!

This is the most stable version of MC linux so far. All the segfault problems I’ve had with 21.0.23 are fixed. It is running for two weeks without a freeze or restart. Actually 21.0.28 handle’s disappearing (switched off) renders while playing to them very well; something prior linux versions of MC didn’t like a lot.

Sorry for not reporting this earlier, the ends of years tend to be very busy for me.  

Thanks for the report!

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.37 for Debian
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 02:27:15 am »

I know this has been a longstanding bug but there is still a problem with the video OSD on dual monitor setups as reported in this thread:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102175.msg708904#msg708904

It is still present in 21.0.37 so I was just wondering if there would be a fix coming soon or is this bug caused by something outside of JRiver's control.

Russell

bob

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 21.0.37 for Debian
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »

I know this has been a longstanding bug but there is still a problem with the video OSD on dual monitor setups as reported in this thread:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102175.msg708904#msg708904

It is still present in 21.0.37 so I was just wondering if there would be a fix coming soon or is this bug caused by something outside of JRiver's control.

Russell
I think this will just work when the real multi monitor support is added. It does seem to work properly in my setup now...
Pages: [1]   Go Up