INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyze audio freezing MC with video files  (Read 2261 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Analyze audio freezing MC with video files
« on: December 18, 2015, 05:04:40 pm »

I've been noticing this for a while.  I've spent a little time trying to characterize it today.

Whenever I queue up a group of video files for Analyze Audio, it always gets part way through the list and then freezes.  The counter sticks at some percentage, usually 0% and stays there essentially forever.  I've waited as long as 5 to 7 minutes and had no change.  During this time, the rest of the MC interface is also frozen.

I think that the helper or worker app that's doing the Analyze Audio is what gets stuck.  Because it bounces on the dock the entire time it's stuck.  If I do a Force Quit on that bouncing icon, MC unfreezes and analysis continues.  It will actually continue in the same file it was stuck in and always finishes on that file and moves on to the next.

This usually happens within three files, so it's fairly easy to reproduce.  It's very strange that it will get suck on file X and then, after being forced to quit, it goes back to file X and finishes it with no problems.  If I queue up say 30 files, it will get stuck within 3 files or so.  Then, after being forced to quit, it will continue for a few more files, then get stuck again.  This continues until I'm tired of it, or it finally gets through the list.

If can provide any more detail, let me know and I'll try.

Thanks,

Brian.

blgentry

Re: Analyze audio freezing MC with video files
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 09:17:38 pm »

21.0.31 appears to have solved this issue.  I'm not sure if anything was explicitly changed, but I just tested it with a medium sized group of files and had no failures (freezes) at all.

Thanks,

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 08:18:13 pm »

Well darn it.  I'm not happy to report that this is not fixed as I thought it was.  I was just analyzing some video and it hung as it used to.  X.265 video and AAC 5.1 audio.  VLC says the audio has "SBR".

If I can provide any details or do any testing I'm happy to try to help.

Thank you.

Brian.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 10:11:00 pm »

Ok, the new MC21.0.45 seems to have fixed this.  I just analyzed ~170 TV show episodes and a half dozen full length movies and got no hangs at all in the process.  Yay!  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up