INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options stucked in 21.0.28  (Read 3139 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
Options stucked in 21.0.28
« on: December 18, 2015, 11:24:50 pm »

Greetings:

I just installed  this version to notice Options  in Tools freezes.
I also noticed this freeze up in Media Network, the options menu there does not respond either.
I was able to use this menu once to load MC at start up, then it just would not allow me to use it. I have to quit MC several times.
Can someone else test this?
Also, my database is saying "this database will open in read only.. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Options stucked in 21.0.28
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 06:06:00 am »

More than likely you still have the previous version of MC Media Server running on the PC. If you still have the previous version installed you need to start it and turn off everything in the Options startup section. i.e. Media Server and MC. Also turn off Auto-Import to be safe.

Then close the previous version, reboot your PC and start MC21 again.

The database starting in read only mode is likely the problem. That can happen if two instances of MC are trying to open the library, or sometimes if you crash MC often enough for it to get stuck. The above should fix that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Ekpen

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 09:21:56 pm »

More than likely you still have the previous version of MC Media Server running on the PC. If you still have the previous version installed you need to start it and turn off everything in the Options startup section. i.e. Media Server and MC. Also turn off Auto-Import to be safe.

The database starting in read only mode is likely the problem. That can happen if two instances of MC are trying to open the library, or sometimes if you crash MC often enough for it to get stuck. The above should fix that.

Thanks . I will take a look at this issue this week end.

George.

Ekpen

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 09:52:02 pm »

Greetings:
In my attempt to fix this, I experienced a crash for the first time. I have to shut off the PC, then reload..
I had put MC button on the launch pad, before I upgraded to version  .0.28, used the new feature "load MC when Linux starts, so now I have two green buttons on the pad. I then unlocked one of the green buttons, then restarted the PC. On reloading MC 21, I was able to use my Options menu again.
Issues resolved now.
Thanks for your help.
George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up