INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug in Debian Linux MC21  (Read 2523 times)

hagensieker

• Recent member
Bug in Debian Linux MC21
« on: December 19, 2015, 09:47:59 am »

I believe I have found a bug.  I have a 5TB drive that has 3.72 TB of music on it.

On my 2 Mac Mini's the external hard drive will load the entire library.  On any Linux machine I build (so far LinuxMint and Debian) the library goes to about 58000 files and 160 days.   The file counter will then jump to say 58800 or so (approx) and you can see the album art and artist icons pop in and then 20 secs or so later the count will go back down to 58000 or so and the newly added icons will disappear.  It seems the library tops out at about 1.3 TB.

Once my 150,000 files load the library is only 1.3 TB's and any folder you try to add will indeed add, and then promptly disappear.

Again I have two hard drives here and both work perfectly in JRiver Mac 20 and 21.  The problem seems contained to Linux.

hagensieker

• Recent member
Re: Bug in Debian Linux MC21
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 10:12:39 am »

I have updated to latest (028) and wiped out the .jriver folder and reinstalled the license on my Debian computer.

Trying again but I also tried this on LinuxMint machine and didn't work.  Library stuck at 1.3 TB.

hagensieker

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:24:12 am »

Just to make sure I installed Clementine and loaded the library.  It caught all 3.72 TB's of music so it does seem to be some bug reproducible on Debian Stretch and LinuxMint 17.2 and 17.3

Same behavior on both systems.  Library tops out at 1.3 TB's, files add beyond that and then just as quickly disappear.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:00:05 pm »

A bug in the filesytem driver perhaps?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 01:16:19 pm »

What filesystem is on the drive?

Is it an internal sata drive or usb?

hagensieker

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 06:22:58 pm »

What filesystem is on the drive?

Is it an internal sata drive or usb?

External.  Mac Journaled.

I also formatted it with FAT as that was my first though also.  Both formats do the same thing.  I have two mac mini's and a macbook and MC21 works on all three and Clementine finds the entire library on any linux computer.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 10:00:32 am »

The problem could be a lot of things. USB driver for instance, or as bob suggested, filesystem driver, although that seems unlikely if it happens with fat as well.

You could if you have the possibility try with ext4. It's one of the most stable filesystems on Linux. Mac OS X however doesn't support ext filesystems, but there are some projects that give you read only support of ext4 on OS X.

You may also want to create a log with MC. Go to Help/Logging and enable Output to a log file. If it is already enabled, reset the log at the bottom. Reproduce the problem, go back to Help/Logging and click on Report Problem. Attach the log to a forum post. Maybe someone at jriver can interpret the log and see what the problem is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up