INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird colours in album art, MC21, KXStudio, RDP connection  (Read 2442 times)

jmansion

Weird colours in album art, MC21, KXStudio, RDP connection
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:14:57 am »

I started with latest UbuntuStudio but I moved to KXStudio to rid myself of hated pulse.  By and large its now KXStudio.

Currently I use an RDP display and this is fine for everything so far - but the album art that is being downloaded seems to have red and yellow mapped to shades of blue.

Van Halen's diver Down is a rich blue background with a white stripe.

Most flesh colours are displaying as pale blue.

No problems with any rendering from FireFox (eg BBC home page etc - its not apparent that there is any colour limitation at all), so its not as if there's a major issue with the colour map over RDP.

James

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Weird colours in album art, MC21, KXStudio, RDP connection
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:18:26 am »

That sounds like a remote access client problem.  I would be that either the RDP support is incomplete OR that the color bit depth is set wrong on the client or the server.  Have you tried another remote access protocol like VNC?

Brian.

jmansion

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 10:46:51 am »

Why do you say that?  I mean - it was my first thought.

However - there is absolutely no problem with any other application that I use remotely - including watching Ansene Wenger on video on the BBC website, and viewing assorted images.

There is no sign of any colour limitation in Firefox.

I just opened the album art files in the FLAC directory for Diver Down using gimp - over the RDP connection - and the image displays just fine.  Same thing displaying thumbnails in the File Manager, or loading them into Ristretto Image Viewer, etc.

Whatever the problem is - it appears to be specific to mediacenter21.

Interestingly - the 'X' in the title bar is also a rich blue colour.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 11:10:27 am »

Thank you for highlighting the details about your issue that I glossed over in reading your first post.  I agree that this does NOT sound like an RDP issue.

There is a setting for Skin Effects that can dramatically affect the skin colors, but it doesn't not affect the images in my testing (MC21 for Mac).  It's worth looking at just in case:  View > Skin > Skin Effects

I'm going to reverse myself once more though!  It might be worth trying another remote access protocol.  Or, if there's a way to do so, looking at the physical display of the system.  Why do I say this?  Maybe MC uses a bit depth or drawing method that's different than everything else you've tested, which is triggering the coloring bug via RDP.  That's a total guess though.

Good luck to you.

Brian.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:05:04 pm »

One thing to note is that MC ONLY supports 24 bit color so your remote server protocol must be 24 bits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up