INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ARM Arch?  (Read 2424 times)

hagensieker

• Recent member
ARM Arch?
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:58:46 pm »

Is there any version whatsoever that will build under armv7h (cubox) I've scoured the internet and saw a post or two where it seems to have been done.   I've played around with a few PKGBUILD files on the internet and I've got nothing.  I'm aware it's not supported but just wondering if anyone has hacked it or has a workaround.

Mark_NL

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: ARM Arch?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 08:52:16 am »

Hi, a slightly modified version of the amd64 PKGBUILD works for me.
I haven’t tested it on a clean install, so there could be dependencies for armv7h which are met by coincidence. As far as I know only 2 optdepends can’t be met: 'nvidia-libgl: nvidia video support' and 'musepack-tools:'

The things I’ve changed to make it work fot me are:
- arch=('armv7h')
- source=(http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter-$_debpkgver-armhf.deb
and (of course) the checksums.

So my PKGBUILD looks like this:
Code: [Select]
pkgname=jriver-media-center
_debpkgver=21.0.28
pkgver=$_debpkgver
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="The Most Comprehensive Media Software"
arch=('armv7h')
url="http://www.jriver.com/"
license=('custom')
depends=('alsa-lib' 'gcc-libs' 'libx11' 'libxcb' 'libxau' 'libxdmcp' 'util-linux' 'libxext' 'gtk2')
optdepends=('mesa-libgl: nouveau video support' 'vorbis-tools:' 'lame:')
source=("http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter-$_debpkgver-armhf.deb"
'License.txt')
sha256sums=('326a0864e0c2391ca2a5502f6d59991a937f570d2288efe97b506549cafb4ef0'
            'ee00f430918df6be37777a61e12812875b5583379c78daaa969bae7383a41fbd')

package() {
  cd "$srcdir"
  bsdtar xf data.tar.xz -C "$pkgdir"
    install -Dm644 "License.txt" \
    "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/COPYING"
}

MC also requires a X-server running and (although not necessary) a window- or displaymanager is nice to have.

Let’s hope this gets you going, otherwise someone else (with more knowledge) has to chip in.

hagensieker

• Recent member
Re: ARM Arch?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 09:55:01 am »

Thanks Mark.  That got me closer than anything.  It built and installed however when I launch it it tells me no devices can be found in 60ms or something like that.

I have a Cubox -i Pro that I run with Arch and LXQT which I really love however this expensive little toy isn't doing anything.  I figured I'd use the Optical out on it to feed my Schiit Modi 2 Uber as my bedside system because I really want the Raspberry Pi 2 that is doing that job right now. 

So in other words I already have what I need but it isn't enough  :)

In the interim what I've done is taken another micro sd card and installed Debian Jesse with LXDE and just got done installing MC21 from the ARM DEB package which works fine or lets at least say it launched.  I'm taking a break and then will set up Samba and transfer my Master license over and then see if it has the OOOMPH to be a client from my Mac Mini JRiver MC21 server.

I'd sure like to get the Arch PKGBUILD thing figured out because I prefer Arch and LXQT in a big way but sometimes you just have to adapt and overcome.

Thanks a ton for the help.  It's close.
Pages: [1]   Go Up