INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View all Existing Values for a Tag in Tag Window  (Read 1557 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
View all Existing Values for a Tag in Tag Window
« on: December 31, 2015, 01:54:20 am »

Is there a way to have all values for the People tag show in the tag window? While tagging a photo it only shows 4 previous people I've tagged so far and then has ... to show that there are more people tagged. I would like to see all people tagged in the photo there in the tag window. Actually what would be even better is if I could get it to stay in the adding mode that displays when you click the People 'Header' in the tag window. Having access to the check boxes while highlighting and switching between multiple images and people would be much faster. Is this possible? Thanks for any tips or ideas.

EDIT: O.K. I found a workaround/glitch that seems to work. If I left click on the People header to access the Add mode, then right click in the Tag window to access Edit All with Text Editor, then instead of clicking OK or Cancel , left click on an image the text editor closes and leaves the add mode active. I can then click on different images without the add mode deactivating. It even stays active switching between different fields. If I click in a blank area on the Tag window below all the shown fields it returns to the normal mode. I don't know if this is by design or not, but this add input mode should be more discoverable/toggleable if possible, it's very handy. Thanks again!

EDIT 2: Ahh nuts the workaround only works once while actually adding new tag info. :( Works great switching selections which is what I was only testing above.
Thanks!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: View all Existing Values for a Tag in Tag Window
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 09:27:05 am »

I think you'd enjoy using Pane Tagging.  Go to a Panes View that shows your pictures and has People set up as a Pane.  If you don't have this, make a new view or temporarily add People as a Pane to a view you use.

Click on a picture (or more) that you want to tag.  Now, go to the People pane and click on the person you wan to add to that picture.  You'll get a dialog asking you if you want to enable Pane Tagging.  Say yes.  Now that person will be checked.  You can add more by control-clicking on other people in the People pane.  Other panes work similarly.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up