INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is It Possible to Link Android Phone with DLNA Player  (Read 3941 times)

rcblackwell

• Recent member
Is It Possible to Link Android Phone with DLNA Player
« on: April 18, 2016, 08:32:02 am »

I'd like to Link an Android phone with a Sony Blueray DLNA DVD. JRiver Media is installed on a QNAP NAS, The Android phone has JRiver installed.

Along with "Player" the Sony Blueray DLNA DVD shows in the "Playing Now" list of the JRiver Media Server. If I link the player and the Sony Blueray I'm able to synchronize playlists between the two. I'd like to do the same with the Android phone but it doesn't appear in the "Playing Now" list on the media server. Why is that?  How can the Android Phone be linked with with DLNA Player?
-------
Robert

MC24 for Windows on Kangaroo PC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Is It Possible to Link Android Phone with DLNA Player
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 09:03:39 am »

Please read about setting up Media Network on our wiki.

rcblackwell

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 10:52:35 am »

Please read about setting up Media Network on our wiki.

Prior to posting my message I read through articles pertaining to JRiver Remote, Linking and Media Network on the wiki. This was followed by a search through the forums. Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, but I did not find an answer to my question.

When viewing players at the media server, I see all devices on the network except JRiver Remote listed under "Playing Now". Why is JRemote (Or the Android phone it's installed on) not visible in the "Playing Now" list? Is it not considered a player thus not included in the list.

Please note that I'm able to control the media server using JRemote; Playlists can be selected and sent to various networked players. The only issue I'm having is not being able to see the Android phone listed as a player on Media Center.
-------
Robert

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:41:19 am »

By JRiver Remote, I suppose you may mean JRemote.

JRemote can't be a destination for playback.  It can be used to control playback.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 01:11:24 pm »

JRemote can play to the device it is installed on.  But this isn't DLNA, nor is it a Zone in MC.  It's another category of playing music.  So playing to "this device" definitely works, but I don't think you can link what plays on the phone or tablet to a real Zone in MC.  They are separate playback methods.

There might be another way to do what you want to do; though I'm not sure because I don't know what you're trying to achieve by playing the same thing on the phone and a DLNA renderer.

Brian.

rcblackwell

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:01:05 pm »

JRemote can play to the device it is installed on.  But this isn't DLNA, nor is it a Zone in MC.  It's another category of playing music.  So playing to "this device" definitely works, but I don't think you can link what plays on the phone or tablet to a real Zone in MC.  They are separate playback methods.

There might be another way to do what you want to do; though I'm not sure because I don't know what you're trying to achieve by playing the same thing on the phone and a DLNA renderer.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

I connect a Bluetooth speaker with my phone when listening to music in the living room. When in the Family room I listen to music via the sound system and BlueRay player that's installed in that room. I was hoping to link my phone (JRemote) with the BlueRay player so the same song would be playing as I walked between rooms. Sounds like what I was hoping to do isn't possible with the software/hardware that's currently in place.

Thank you for the helpful insight.
-------
Robert

Pages: [1]   Go Up