INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from 20.0.126 Mac  (Read 3315 times)

Nada

• Recent member
Upgrading from 20.0.126 Mac
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:03:49 pm »

I have been enjoying this version for some time without any issues. However, of late, I have had trouble quiting the program, get spinning wheel, and it either gives me a spinning wheel and won't load, or it will tell me that it can only load files in Read Only mode.  I can sometimes shut down the iMac and it will load fine after those problems. So the issues seem somewhat intermittent. I am running Snow Leopard on this old iMac, and will upgrade to a new iMac within the next few months. But for now, I would like to keep using JRiver for Mac on my old computer until I have enough funds to upgrade.  I am wondering if I could get past this newly acquired problem if I try to upgrade my version of JRiver. I don't see a newer version of 20 to upgrade to, only see Version 21.  Can I install version 21 on my old iMac or is that asking too much of this old pc and Snow Leopard?  Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this problem.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Upgrading from 20.0.126 Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:09 pm »

However, of late, I have had trouble quiting the program, get spinning wheel, and it either gives me a spinning wheel and won't load, or it will tell me that it can only load files in Read Only mode.  I can sometimes shut down the iMac and it will load fine after those problems. So the issues seem somewhat intermittent.

That sounds like a potential hardware problem.  Your disk could be going bad.  Have you looked at the system log to see if there are any notices of disk write or read problems?  Applications > Utilities > Console.app

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up