INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do I not get an option to use ASIO?  (Read 2761 times)

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
Why do I not get an option to use ASIO?
« on: January 07, 2016, 02:28:56 pm »

I have an Intel NUC (Haswell Core i5) that I use to run Media Center with all of the content on a QNAP NAS. The NUC connects to a Denon AVR-X4000 home theater receiver via HDMI. The NUC has a Realtek integrated sound card. Under MC Options->Audio, the only selections for the Audio Device are:
     - DENON-AVRHD (Intel(R) Display Audio) (WASPI)
     - Default Audio Device (Direct Sound)

Do I need to install an ASIO driver for ASIO to be an option? Or would it be a limitation of the Intel Display Audio (HDMI) driver? Or is it a limitation of the Denon AVR?

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why do I not get an option to use ASIO?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:38:10 pm »

I have an Intel NUC (Haswell Core i5) that I use to run Media Center with all of the content on a QNAP NAS. The NUC connects to a Denon AVR-X4000 home theater receiver via HDMI. The NUC has a Realtek integrated sound card. Under MC Options->Audio, the only selections for the Audio Device are:
     - DENON-AVRHD (Intel(R) Display Audio) (WASPI)
     - Default Audio Device (Direct Sound)

Do I need to install an ASIO driver for ASIO to be an option? Or would it be a limitation of the Intel Display Audio (HDMI) driver? Or is it a limitation of the Denon AVR?

WASAPI is just fine and will be your only choice due to the fact you are connecting the Denon via HDMI. ASIO would only become an option if you decided to use a ASIO based device with MC - like a DAC or similar. But you would need to install a matching ASIO driver (for that specific device).

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up