INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRWeb.exe running multiple times  (Read 3890 times)

Anthony Denver Jazz

• Recent member
JRWeb.exe running multiple times
« on: January 02, 2016, 04:03:28 pm »

I'm running MC 21 on Windows XP.
JRWeb.exe is open 6 times (Windows Task Manager). 
It seems to really tax my system.  Is it suppose to be running that file more than once. 
If not, what do I do to prevent that.

Thanks,
Anthony

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRWeb.exe running multiple times
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:01:17 pm »

Each instance of a webpage runs a copy of JRWeb.  It's in a separate process so that crashes in the webpage won't bring the program down.

If you have a few copies running, maybe you have extra tabs open in MC?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Anthony Denver Jazz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 11:00:04 pm »

I have versions 17-21 on my system.  When I right click properties on each of them all of the numbers are changing as far as size and size on disk.  I don't have the older versions running but they look like they are running based on the numbers changing as mentioned above.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:10:16 am »

You could uninstall the older versions.

Anthony Denver Jazz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:43:09 am »

I uninstalled 17,19,20, along with their backup files....I kept 18 & 21 and I still have 6 JRWeb.exe running.  How many should be running if I only have Version 21 open?

Thanks Jim,
Anthony

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 12:48:25 am »

Matt answered that above:

Each instance of a webpage runs a copy of JRWeb.  It's in a separate process so that crashes in the webpage won't bring the program down.

If you have a few copies running, maybe you have extra tabs open in MC?

Anthony Denver Jazz

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 02:58:06 pm »

It looks like I don't understand how to determine if I have MULTIPLE TABS OPEN of MC when I only open MC21 once.  Sorry to be a bother....but I just don't get it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 07:34:11 pm »

It should be pretty easy to see if you have multiple tabs open. See the attached image, where I have two tabs open to web sites, IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

They gave me two instances of the JRWeb.exe process in Windows 7.

However, as I am working on my Workstation, where I have never opened a web page using the internal browser, Norton 360 kicked in, decided JRWeb.exe was doing bad things using heuristics, and removed JRWeb.exe!!! I had to restore it to do my tests.

Is it possible that your Anti-virus is interfering with JRWeb.exe as well, and MC is opening additional copies of it when it retries to open a web page (or you retry by hitting refresh or back and then re-clicking a link)? If your anti-virus is just blocking JRWeb.exe, rather than removing it, that could explain why multiple instances get started.

If I was you, I would reboot my PC and then add in exclusions for JRWeb.exe, JRService.exe, and JRWorker.exe in my virus scanner. ( I assume you already have exclusions for "Media Center 21.exe" and MC21.exe.) Or exclude the whole "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21" directory. Then test and see if I only got one JRWeb.exe process for each tab I opened to a web page.

Read this if you have no idea about anti-virus exclusions. It is about Windows Defender, but should give you the idea.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up