INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pono Music World 20.0.137 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 9280 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Pono Music World 20.0.137 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: January 06, 2016, 08:41:04 am »

This is the latest version of PMW20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ponotest/PonoMusicWorld200137.exe

20.0.137 (1/22/2016)

1. Fixed: Removable SD card in Pono was being recognized as a generic "Android" device and had the wrong defaults for supported file types.
2. Fixed: The microSD card details display in PMW is not cleared when the Eject button is clicked.
3. Changed: SD cards in a reader external from the PonoPlayer now show up as "Generic USB SD Reader" and show the correct file types.
4. Changed: PMW will scan the entire card for music (like the PonoPlayer) when the SD card is in a card reader rather than the PonoPlayer.
5. Changed: PMW will use /Music instead of /Playlists for the default playlist transfer folder (like the PonoPlayer) when the SD card is in a card reader rather than the PonoPlayer.

20.0.134 (12/19/2015)

1. Changed: Timeout moved to June 1, 2016.
2. Fixed: Potential hangs or crashes when communicating with some faulty DLNA devices on a network.
3. Fixed: Converting multiple files to a different format simultaneously could possibly cause a crash.
4. Fixed: If in-place editing was used to change the filename field to an invalid value (like blank, or a name without a path), MC would not report an error data could be lost.
5. Changed: PDT-322: All USB storage devices seen by PMW will default to the same file type support as the PonoPlayer device, namely "flac;mp3;wav;aif;aiff;m4a;aac;dsf;dff".

20.0.133 (8/20/2015)

1. Changed: Revealer info dialog is shown right after downloading 1.0.6 rather than after the device has been updated to 1.0.6.
2. Changed: Timeout changed to 1/1/2016.
3. Changed: PDT-314 - All instances of "Pono Revealer" in text displayed to user have been changed to "PonoRevealer".
4. Changed: PDT-316 - URL's of newly purchased tracks are not shown.  The filename field is blank until the local file has been created, then it shows the local filename.
5. Fixed: App could crash if device was unplugged while showing PonoRevealer info dialog and user then clicked the 'Download' button.
6. Fixed: PDT-312 - The Heart of Gold sample track is not transferred to the player if the download is selected twice.
7. Fixed: Clicking the action window close button 'X' while a revealer download was running could cause unpredictable results.
8. Changed: PDT-275 - The image in the About PonoMusic World dialog contains the word Beta.
9. Changed: PDT-277 - The default volume mode is now "Internal".  If a user had previously selected a volume mode, the new default in this build won't override that setting.
10. Fixed: PDT-313 - The user receives a vague error message that does not explain insufficient drive space when creating a revealer track.

20.0.100 (4/29/2015)

1. Fixed: PDT-248  The user is unable to drag the app from the right of the header logo if Retina Mode is enabled after launch.
2. Fixed: PDT-300  The user receives an error message next to the track and the file transfer fails. Could not reproduce, but sounds related to fixed issue PDT-298.
3. Changed: PDT-294,PDT-281  Users are now advised to visit ponomusic.com on the redirect web page.
4. Fixed: PDT-285 - Downloads with extremely long file names were failing.
5. Fixed: CD Ripping would sometimes create duplicate track entries in the database.
6. Fixed: Improved progress display while updating firmware - added a separate "transfer" stage to show copying firmware download to the PonoPlayer. Avoids long lag with progress bar at 100%.
7. Changed: New features only supported by next PonoPlayer firmware update.

20.0.82 (3/16/2015)

1. Fixed: Syncing files with conversion enabled would cause files to re-convert on every sync.
2. Fixed: Tracks on device not in sync were not getting deleted even when this option was enabled.
3. Changed: Timeout moved to September 1, 2015
4. Changed: By default, list columns widths are now auto-sized depending on contents.  This can be changed in options / tree & view.
5. Fixed: CD ripping would sometimes fall out of secure mode.
6. Changed: The download process triggered at PMW startup will skip over downloads that have failed 3 or more times. Selecting "check for downloads" from the PMW account menu will force retrying the failed downloads.

20.0.72 (2/20/2015)

1. Changed: Added dsf and dff to supported file types for PonoPlayer.
2. Changed: PMW now downloads firmware to computer and then copies to device rather than direct download to device.
3. Fixed: When music metadata contains '&' characters ("&" in the order XML), PMW no longer creates download music folder names with the "&" sequence, but simply uses "&".
4. Changed: When 'Eject' is selected for a PonoPlayer containing an external SD card, both internal and external storage will be ejected at the same time.
5. Changed: The cover art "View" option was removed from the "Library Tools / Cover Art" menu since image playback is not supported in PMW.
6. Fixed: Auto-import was sometimes importing image and 'data' files which aren't supported in PMW.
7. Fixed: Very slow performance on computers with an old diskette drive and/or several remote network drives.

20.0.50 (12/23/2014)

1. Changed: More informative message in the case of download failures.
2. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was specified along with multiple levels, the converted file ended up in the wrong folder.
3. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was entered that did not exist or was not writable, the conversion would fail without a helpful message.
4. Changed: PDT-180 - Changed: "Open URL" removed from file menu.
5. Changed: PDT-241 - Better messaging when firmware download is complete.
6. Changed: PDT-242 - An Eject button now appears on the Firmware update action window after the download completes.
7. Changed: PDT-243 - Change the default browser engine to Chromium on Windows XP and Vista.
8. Changed: PDT-244 - Update the application header logo.
9. Changed: PDT-245 - Change the text that appears when a firmware update fails due to insufficient disk space.
10. Fixed: DLNA serving of Ogg, MP3, MP4 files with conversion to uncompressed wave would fail on some devices because of an incorrect transcoded length value.

20.0.43 (12/5/2014)

1. Fixed: Automatic recognition of PonoPlayer was not always reliable, especially if there was a long delay before user clicked the 'transfer files' button on it.
2. Changed: More informative status text in the firmware download action window.

20.0.42 (12/4/2014)

1. Changed: Check for orders at program startup will only occur if PMW already has username and password stored.
2. Fixed: If download process was canceled by user and then restarted later in the same program run, the list would still show the canceled tracks above the currently downloading ones.
3. Changed: Improved store login flow and messaging.
4. Fixed: If PonoMusic Store item in left-hand tree-view was clicked while already selected, the web browser could become disconnected from the player.
5. Fixed: Converting an audio file would carry the Pono authenticated status with it.
6. Changed: Only formats supported by Pono will be listed in the encoder choices.
7. Fixed: The program could become quite slow and unresponsive during file transfers to the PonoPlayer device.
8. NEW: The "Eject" button in the handheld transfer action window blinks for up to 30 seconds following file transfer completion.
9. Changed: We now use the "login.salesforce.com" call to get the sessionid and the soap web service url.  Removes need for hard coded web service endpoint.

20.0.40 (11/24/2014)

1. Changed: PDT-226 - Store entry in left-hand view is now titled 'PonoMusic Store'.
2. Changed: PMW now always downloads a track, even if a file for the same track already exists on the disk.  It appends a copy number to the end of the filename.
3. Changed: PMW now checks and updates to the latest build right away at program startup rather than over a period of a day or two.
4. Fixed: Tracks that hadn't completed downloading could sometimes be transferred to the PonoPlayer and fail in the process (e.g. if playlist "Recently imported" was selected for auto-sync).
5. NEW: PDT-227 - PMW now checks for open orders at startup time.  The process is silent unless open orders are found.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

wippen

Re: Pono Music World 20.0.137 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 02:43:57 pm »

Thanks to you, I have been running 20.0.137. It fixed all my problems with the SD card being recognized. Now I am getting a message that it will expire on Jun 1, 2016. The pono people want me to install 20.0.134. That doesn't work. What should I do? Is there a newer version of 20.0.137 that doesn't expire?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 06:19:37 pm »

Thanks to you, I have been running 20.0.137. It fixed all my problems with the SD card being recognized. Now I am getting a message that it will expire on Jun 1, 2016. The pono people want me to install 20.0.134. That doesn't work. What should I do? Is there a newer version of 20.0.137 that doesn't expire?

Just wait. Pono said they will release a new version by the end of the week. Do not downgrade to 20.0.134. That will also expire on June 1.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 06:24:03 pm »

OK, Pono just released it. The new version is 20.0.138. You can get it by upgrading from within the application. Help->Update Channel-Check for updates...

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 07:13:27 am »

I just updated to build 138 and I'm still getting the dialog that says it will timeout on 6/1/2016 every time I launch PMW.

I updated first using the Help >> Update Channel >> Check for Updates...
Then I downloaded the new installer from the PonoMusic web site and installed the updated using the installer. And I'm still getting the timeout dialog.

sfranson

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 08:37:21 am »

I too have just updated to build 138 and the dialog reports that it will expire 6/1/2016.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 08:41:37 am »

I just updated to build 138 and I'm still getting the dialog that says it will timeout on 6/1/2016 every time I launch PMW.

I updated first using the Help >> Update Channel >> Check for Updates...
Then I downloaded the new installer from the PonoMusic web site and installed the updated using the installer. And I'm still getting the timeout dialog.

Are you using the Windows version or the Mac version?

I don't have an issue but I'm using the Mac version. There may be an issue with the Windows version.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 11:02:56 am »

Sorry for the glitch in 138 still reporting 6/1/2016 timeout.  Please grab 139 now posted.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up