INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 21.0.34 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 9300 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 21.0.34 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 08, 2016, 05:49:06 am »

This is the latest version of MC21.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v21/latest/MediaCenter210034.exe

21.0.34 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: Searching for -1 didn't work properly.
2. Fixed: Picking users accounts wasn't working.

21.0.33 (1/7/2016)

1. Fixed: A bookmarking bug when playing a TV show currently being recorded.
2. Changed: Double-clicking an image from Explorer will now launch fullscreen mode even if the program is sitting in Playing Now.  You might need to double-check the "Options > General > Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally" option.
3. Changed: Further adjustments to the way searches are handled to improve the accuracy of the results on larger libraries.
4. Changed: Made the AA plugin a bit smaller using the new build framework.

21.0.32 (1/6/2016)

1. Changed: The position OSD updates the position continually as it's showing instead of just showing a static snapshot.
2. Fixed: Smartlist editor dialogs could be squashed horizontally by user resizing, making them unreadable.
3. NEW: When in Standard Television view, the Delete key on keyboard will delete selected recorded TV shows and selected recording rules.
4. Changed: "Done" button on Manage TV Channels dialog window is renamed "Close".
5. Changed: Reduced the size of MFC executables using the new framework.

21.0.31 (1/4/2016)

1. Changed: The tooltip text on the system tray can be longer (128 characters instead of 64 characters).
2. Fixed: Window placement was not getting saved when modeless dialogs closed.
3. Changed: Added a value of 15 seconds into the ladder of times to wait when switching the display.
4. Changed: On Manage Channels window the channel list header code "(12-3 ABC)" is changed to "(123 ABC)" for channels sorted by name (with channel number in front).
5. Changed: Updated to the latest version of the Chromium engine for webpages.
6. Fixed: Video files without audio did not convert successfully.
7. Fixed: Media Center would sometimes select the wrong audio streams during video playback when no preferred audio language was configured.
8. Fixed: Some web radio URLs would not open but instead hang the program forever.
9. Changed: Built using the new development framework.
10. Changed: Updated the Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).

21.0.30 (12/22/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio was blinking with VST effects installed (the fix is wider and might also make drawing in general more efficient).
2. Fixed: When a TV channel was being watched on a single client at the same time also watched on the server, changing channel on either the server or the client would cause the channel changed on the other computer.
3. Fixed: Logging could crash MC under some circumstances.
4. NEW: Added a command MCC_TOGGLE_THEATER_VIEW_GRIDS_CHANNEL_NAME (30026) to toggle Theater view guide grid's "hide channel names when channel logos are available" setting.
5. Changed: Made the "Rename, Move, & Copy Files" tool no longer available when connected to a server (because the results were confusing anyway).
6. Fixed: When playing a TV show that was being recorded, MC could hang with a black screen and normal sound.  (possibly only with madVR).
7. Changed: Increased the number of "Wait after change" values in Options > Video.
8. Fixed: VST effects could be corrupted.

21.0.29 (12/17/2015)

1. Fixed: In Theater View Guide television shows associated with channels that had been put in groups as non-top members were still included, and displayed in grids, but were not playable.
2. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions ProgramChannelNumber and IsOnNonTopGroupedChannel.
3. Fixed: The word "Live" was appended to the time on position OSD for all non-TV video playback (only in build 28).
4. Fixed: Potential worker thread hang in CListener class, also a potential memory leak.
5. Fixed: Television channel logos did not show in Theater View guide grids on client machines.
6. Fixed: Clearing the playback range field on a file could cause the program to go into an infinite loop in certain cases.
7. Fixed: In rare cases television time-shifting/recording folder got shared with two simultaneous recordings of the same title, resulting in both recordings not watchable.
8. Fixed: Fixed potential hangs/crashes and memory leaks in networking code.

21.0.28 (12/14/2015)

1. Fixed: The Chromium Web Engine did not render properly on HighDPI displays.
2. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.89.17.
3. Fixed: Pressing delete during an image slideshow was no longer working (the fix meant reenabling the delete shortcut in fullscreen but then ignoring the command if it comes and the UI is fullscreen -- testing appreciated)
4. NEW: Added MCC_CLOSE_QUICK_SEARCH to close the quick search box (21034).
5. Changed: TheTVDB lookup can look up tracks that don't have a season or episode number and will now look up just by the episode name.
6. Changed: Library Server Sync is more robust against sync errors when the Library Server is restarted.
7. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Changed: Playlist deletions get properly synced from and to Library Server clients.
9. Changed: When showing playback position OSD (using up or down arrow) for television shows, time-shifting between 1 and 59 seconds are shown as " shifted xx seconds".  Previously only time-shifting larger than 1 minute was shown.  Also if the time-shifting is less than one second, the word "Live" is shown.

21.0.27 (12/11/2015)

1. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.
2. Fixed: Rotten Tomatoes wouldn't look up movies like Amélie correctly because of the accent.  Trying to just remove the accents before the search.
3. Fixed: Opening the ASIO line in with the channel count set to more than 32 would crash.  Now it fails gracefully.
4. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, "Series" field could inherit a value from an old program in the same time slot if the new program was not a series.
5. Changed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, all relevant fields are updated, instead of only updating those that are not empty.  This prevents wrong data from being retained.
6. Fixed: MCWS would send an unexpected server error response after the normal response when receiving HTTP POST requests with Keep-Alive.
7. Changed: Added a timeout to stopping auto-import threads to fix a possible hang.
8. Changed: Adjusted television channel logo display in Guide so that the logos keep their aspect ratio.  Also increased the border width around the logos so they do not appear touching each other.
9. Fixed: Audio tracks without a language tag would erroneously show as "Abkhazian" in the Display View OSD.
10. NEW: Added an option in television properties "Hide channel names in Theater View guide when channel logos are available".
11. Fixed: In Rename, Move & Copy dialog, columns couldn't be resized to show the entire filenames if they were very long.
12. Fixed: The multi-match CD dialog didn't scale nicely for high DPI.
13. Fixed: Television subscription could schedule recordings on channels that were non-top grouped channels, resulting in multiple recordings of the same program, if programs had been created for these channels prior to the channels being grouped.
14. Fixed: The CD information could change as a track was ripping.

21.0.26 (12/8/2015)

1. Changed: Coverart tools are available for "TV" media types (TV channels and programs).
2. NEW: Television channel logo support in Theater View guide grid.
3. Fixed: In "Mini View" mode on Windows 10 with Noire skin, the minimize button was partly overlaying the player window.
4. Fixed: When resampling, the source format listed in DSP Studio wouldn't get updated properly when switching tracks.
5. Changed: Updated Slovak translation (thanks Peter Lukac).
6. Fixed: ASIO Live would crash if you picked more than two channels.
7. Changed: Enabled DoP bitstreaming for DSD256.
8. Changed: Database key value for a television channel is displayed in Details box on Manage Channels dialog window.
9. Changed: Television channel logo, if available, of the first selected channel, is displayed on Manage Channels dialog window.
10. Fixed: The keyboard shortcut to change the audio stream during DVD playback was not working (Ctrl+Shift+L).
11. NEW: Added "Channel logo" menu when right-clicking on a single channel on Manage Channels dialog window.  The menu is the same as the Cover Art menu elsewhere.
12. Changed: Manage Channels dialog window is now resizable.  It was tweaked so it will fit within monitor screen better with magnified screen sizes (such as 125% and 150%).
13. Fixed: When setting the playback range back to an empty value the duration wouldn't update to the whole file (now it updates the library from tags on that change).
14. Fixed: When loading XMLTV EPG data, re-run flag was not saved when its value was false.  This caused previously saved bogus "true" value not to be corrected.

21.0.25 (12/01/2015)

1. Fixed: When switching tabs, the delete command would still route to the previous tab in some cases.
2. Fixed: Fixed problems in the CD Labeler program where dialogs with checkboxes, scrollbars, and other elements were not displaying properly.  Skinning was removed from CD Labeler and will return when MFC is removed from it.
3. Fixed: When TV time-shifting reader filter performed seeking, it could try to wait for more data to be buffered than the buffering reader was set to buffer, resulting in unnecessarily long wait.
4. NEW: In Theater View television guide grid, a green triangle is added in front of the program name of a currently playing show.
5. Fixed: GIF images ended up with a JPG extension when getting artist images.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RD James

Re: Media Center 21.0.34 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:48:56 pm »

madVR will not update if the madVR tray icon is running.  "Updating required components" runs every time that MC21 plays a video and then stops and MC21 uses EVR instead - with no warning or error message.

So, perhaps MC21 should check whether madVR tray icon is running IF it is trying to update madVR, the same way it checks if MC21 is running when it tries to update MC21.

This has not come up often because JRiver does not update madVR very often (skipping an entire major version).

GreyGhost

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 04:27:58 am »

Sorry to push this in this post, I already posted in the main forum and waited till 21.0.34 came out to check if it still persists

I am using an MCE type IR remote and a wireless keyboard with my Windows 10 HTPC. JRiver server (21.0.30 + 34) server seems to intercept the play/pause and stop windows media keys (not the other ones) when MC is not running (only the server is running). It then starts playing the current selected file in the playlist.

Since I use wasapi out with JRiver this then kills all the sound in the current program or even crashes it.

For example when I am in Spotify or KODI, the play/pause button will start/pause the current song on the JRiver playlist.

When I stop the JRiver server the normal behavior is back (media keys work with active program: Spotify/Kodi).

Can this behavior be changed? or at least be optional?

Thanks!

gappie

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 05:08:16 am »

hi, :)
i think it has something to do with this change
2. Changed: Double-clicking an image from Explorer will now launch fullscreen mode even if the program is sitting in Playing Now.  You might need to double-check the "Options > General > Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally" option.

when i start an audio playlist using my remote with a command like this:
Code: [Select]
mc21.exe /PlayReplace TREEPATH=Playlists\Remote\RandomAlbum|zone=0mc will always jump to fullscreen (windowed ornot depending on how i set it). it does not matter if im in theater view or standard view or i have an other program on top. i have set jump on play (audio) to none. i really preferred the previous behaviour, that is, doing nothing, just play.

thanks
gab

edit: it does not happen with all mc21 commands.. mc21.exe /mcc 10047,16777216 works fine. not sure if the treepath command is the problem.

kstuart

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 01:19:16 pm »

Can this behavior be changed? or at least be optional?

I've been dealing with this for several years.

I will be listening or watching something in a web browser, and then the phone rings, so by reflex, I will pickup the remote and press pause, only to have it start the next item in MC21/20/19/18 Playing Now and leave the browser video running as well.

I've always assumed that it was unavoidable, since those other programs are outside of MC21, rather than internal.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 07:19:50 pm »

Using dual monitors: DSP Studio menu always opens on opposite monitor; no matter last close state of MC.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 08:49:36 am »

Nothing for TV in this version?

Still desperately waiting for the following features to start using MC21 for TV:
-commercial skip timeline in progress bar
-multiple folders for recordings
-ability to play ATSC channels that have some discrepancies in the TSID info (All other software's I use don't seem to have an issue with it including WMC)
thx for listening

kstuart

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 10:59:42 am »

Nothing for TV in this version?
You would probably get more response in the TV sub-Forum.

cinjin

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 12:00:08 am »

Tagging window does not display tags anymore in pane view if i click on an album. Only when I select all files for that album can I get a group tags view for that album.

Arindelle

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 05:13:42 am »

Tagging window does not display tags anymore in pane view if i click on an album. Only when I select all files for that album can I get a group tags view for that album.
I believe this is now by-design, to prevent "accidents" using pane tagging and tag window open, if memory serves

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 09:13:22 am »

hi, :)
i think it has something to do with this change
when i start an audio playlist using my remote with a command like this:
Code: [Select]
mc21.exe /PlayReplace TREEPATH=Playlists\Remote\RandomAlbum|zone=0mc will always jump to fullscreen (windowed ornot depending on how i set it). it does not matter if im in theater view or standard view or i have an other program on top. i have set jump on play (audio) to none. i really preferred the previous behaviour, that is, doing nothing, just play.

thanks
gab

edit: it does not happen with all mc21 commands.. mc21.exe /mcc 10047,16777216 works fine. not sure if the treepath command is the problem.

This will be fixed next build.

Fixed: Starting playback from the command line of audio files would jump to fullscreen (but we only wanted to do that for images).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 09:23:38 am »

Using dual monitors: DSP Studio menu always opens on opposite monitor; no matter last close state of MC.

MC is developed on dual monitor setups.

And I can't reproduce anything funny with any of the menus in DSP Studio.  I don't know exactly what menu you're talking about, but all of them show correctly for me.

Advice?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 09:28:03 am »

You would probably get more response in the TV sub-Forum.

That is usually what I do but I'm hitting on all fronts to give it some importance as I've been waiting for these features for a loooong time :)

HiFiTubes

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 08:33:49 am »

MC is developed on dual monitor setups.

And I can't reproduce anything funny with any of the menus in DSP Studio.  I don't know exactly what menu you're talking about, but all of them show correctly for me.

Advice?

Hi! Thanks, I was just trying to reproduce it because it seems to be ok after 2 weeks of not working! I did get a crash when trying to "open" Detached Display. I was going to test if having that display over on Mon#2 would end up pulling the DSP menu. I'll keep trying to reproduce it, nothing would fix it before, so not sure how it resolved itself.

4422718: 4548: Handheld: CHHManager::InitializeProxyDevice: Start
4422718: 4548: General: CFileSystemManager::AnalyzeDrive: Drive does not exist (drive: D:, filename: D:\, type: 1, attributes: 4294967295)
4422718: 4548: Handheld: CHHManager::InitializeProxyDevice: Finish (0 ms)
4422718: 4548: Handheld: CHHManager::InitializeProxyDevice: Start
4422734: 4548: Handheld: CHHManager::InitializeProxyDevice: Finish (16 ms)
4422734: 4548: Handheld: CHHManagerMap::EnumDevices: Finish (6375 ms)
4422734: 4548: Handheld: CWMDMThread::ProcessMainThreadMessage: Finish (6375 ms)
4422781: 4548: General: CMainUIWnd::Resize: Start
4422781: 4548: General: CMainUIWnd::Resize: Finish (0 ms)
4422812: 4548: General: CMCUICore::SystemPowerManager_UpdateActions: Start
4422812: 4548: General: CMCUICore::SystemPowerManager_UpdateActions: UI Mode: -999; Playing: 1
4422812: 4548: General: CMCUICore::SystemPowerManager_UpdateActions: Finish (result: 0) (0 ms)
4425796: 4548: General: CMCResourceHelper::GetIsModalPopupShowing: Menu showing
4427343: 4548: General: CMCUICore::GetPopupShowing: popup showing=true, window class name=JRiver Popup Class
4430453: 4548: General: CMCResourceHelper::GetIsModalPopupShowing: Menu showing
4430468: 4548: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
4430468: 4548: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 33769, wParam: 192394680, lParam: 1
4430468: 4548: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: MCC: 10037, Param: 150994943
4434469: 4384: General: JRWebApp::Destroy: Start
4434469: 4384: General: JRWebApp::Destroy: Finish (0 ms)
4434469: 4384: General: JRWebApp::Run: Finish (4434422 ms)
4434469: 4384: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Start
4434469: 4384: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Stopping web engine
4434531: 4384: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Stopping callback server
4434531: 4384: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Stopping interface server
4434531: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Start
4434531: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Canceling thread
4434531: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Canceling pending run
4434531: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Stopping thread
4434531: 840: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::Thread: Thread finishing (cancel: 1; errors: 1)
4434531: 840: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::Thread: Finish (4434500 ms)
4434547: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Canceling response threads
4434547: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Deleting response threads
4434547: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Closing notification window
4434547: 4384: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Finish (16 ms)
4434547: 4384: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Finishing
Pages: [1]   Go Up